Magazines...

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2004
      It's amazing sometimes how some situations can turn. A BW & BK's
      writer has made angry a musician (Iced Earth) and published all of
      what he said. It resulted in an interview that is not about music at
      all, but about 2 different political points of view. To want to
      create more damage to this band, the writer has started a thread on
      the Braveboard and created a "Controversy". It's damn funny, because
      it seems that this is splitting BW's staff. I don't know what was the
      deal to humiliate a musician (and his band),but it would be a good
      thing that they learn from it. We say in French: "When you spit in
      the air, it fall down at your face".

      http://www.bravewords.com/braveboard/index.php?
      s=92d7346e83d09b8e15fd390603d3c660&act=ST&f=1&t=41945&st=20

      By the way, I found a GOOD magazine with a few ads and where they
      write full pages that are ABOUT MUSIC. I like a lot the CLASSIC ROCK
      magazine. I have to wear my glasses because it's written very small,
      but it's very well done. It's expensive but there's a lot to read, it
      helps me with my English. The ISSUE 51 is awesome. Reef, Seb Back,
      Motley Crue, Rory Gallagher………..and 30 concept albums that are
      explained. It goes with WASP, GENESIS and QUEENRYCHE…and a lot more.
      I've started to read it in May and I didn't finish! I know that I'm
      not English, but there's things very interesting in it…..and no
      politics. If I want to know about politics in USA I just have to turn
      the TV on.

      AUCIELLO :

      David,

      Posting the whole interview is a noble gesture, but it doesn't change
      what was printed or asked. While I certainly understand the general
      point-of-view you have, there were statements you made which assumed
      a lot. And some would be very insulting to most Americans.As I wrote
      in an earlier thread, there are ways of making your point or asking
      questions without coming off as biased.And citing your education in
      political studies came off as kind of arrogant. I know people with
      degrees in English who can't write clearly.Anyway, best to just let
      this go. Live and learn.

      -SM

      DAVID PERRI :

      i understand where you're coming from on all counts. and i appreciate
      that you've been very civil and polite throughout this, even if you
      disagree with bwbk's position.i would have loved if this had gone
      away months ago. i lived and learned back in january when the
      interview actually happened. however, this story has taken on a life
      of its own. that's why tim, martin and i decided to post the full
      transcription... in the hopes that this book now closes.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2004
        I still like BW&BK. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. As for the
        "political" interview. I found it interesting. I like that they can
        talk to musicians about things other than music. It's interesting to
        hear what the people think.

        They just posted some news from my page:

        http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=15109