Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Izedis...new member?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2004
      We don't insult.....we try to like and we don't. All the metal music is turning about death and black metal, which is not new for an old metal dood like me. Venom was doing the same music in the 80's. I miss the melodies, the beat and the originality in that kind of music. We heard a lot about the devil, Satan, blood during the 80's. Even it was not so "direct", it just succeeded to make me bored of all that concerns the "black side of the tunes". I've read about A. Crowley when I was 18 and all that is related in black metal doesn't impress me at all. It's all old stuff that are in Crowley's books......and he died in 1947. It's not because Page was his biggest fan that I agree with all that he did. If we read some black metal or death metal (cos he was necrophile) it's all things that are in his books....he was a bit cannibal too. It's so pathetic that a junkie all screwed up is the inspiration of many good musicians right now. Don't be shy to post. It's quiet during the summer. Bye!

      ´┐Żlaine

      Izedis@... wrote:
      Yeah, I like Death and Black Metal. But I'm not here to talk about
      it, I'm here to find out news about one of my favorite bands, ANVIL.

      Go ahead and insult Black/Death metal all you want, it doesn't bother
      me any.

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > We're going to be careful about our death metal and black metal
      > comments...because we have a new member from California that seems
      > appreciate a lot this music. I've visited his favorite links that
      are
      > on his profile. Eek! How someone that lives in a sunny place like
      > California can like death metal? I would be interested to know. In
      > Canada there's at least a reason: it's dark at 4 pm during 6
      months!
      > I would be hippie if I would stay in California.
      >
      > :)

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT