Re: Velvet Revolver

  • thehelion
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2004
      I'm a bit surprised with the sound of Velvet Revolver as well. It's
      not really heavy but there's parts of the song that bring you back to
      what some of GnR was like. Near the end of the song "Slither" you can
      hear Slash at his best. At least it's something that I don't have to
      turn off when I hear it on the radio.
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > I've never been a Gun's N Roses fan, or a Stone Pilots fan...But,
      I'm
      > very pleased to hear the album. It's amazing, because I've heard
      > Slash telling in a interview that he liked Alice Cooper's ex-
      > guitarists years ago. It shows, cos it sounds like them sometimes
      on
      > the CD. It's not a "nu" metal...It's a strange hard rock metal. The
      > basic is hard rock but it's mixed with a bit of Guns N
      Roses.....and
      > the style of Weiland. It's interesting and very melodic. We hear a
      > guitar that sounds like "Sweet child of mine" on a song but it's a
      > very different kind of music. Sure, they spent hours in studio.
      But,