Velvet Revolver

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2004
      I've never been a Gun's N Roses fan, or a Stone Pilots fan...But, I'm
      very pleased to hear the album. It's amazing, because I've heard
      Slash telling in a interview that he liked Alice Cooper's ex-
      guitarists years ago. It shows, cos it sounds like them sometimes on
      the CD. It's not a "nu" metal...It's a strange hard rock metal. The
      basic is hard rock but it's mixed with a bit of Guns N Roses.....and
      the style of Weiland. It's interesting and very melodic. We hear a
      guitar that sounds like "Sweet child of mine" on a song but it's a
      very different kind of music. Sure, they spent hours in studio. But,
      it's probably one of the "new" bands that I can stand concerning hard
      rock or metal right now. All is turning black and death metal and I
      don't like it.

      The reason why I wasn't a GNR's fan: Axel looked a lot like Allison
      and acted like him (to me). It's to see that the metal bands of the
      80's or early 90's come back with a Hard rock music, if they come
      back. If you don't know what to buy, that you feel to hear something
      new and that you like melodies (some ballads)...I think
      that "Contraband" is an excellent Cd, after you got Back to basics.:)
      I got bored only about a thing on the VR Cd: the Weiland astronaut's
      vocal. I didn't check the reviews yet...I don't wanna know.

      tange
    • thehelion
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2004
        I'm a bit surprised with the sound of Velvet Revolver as well. It's
        not really heavy but there's parts of the song that bring you back to
        what some of GnR was like. Near the end of the song "Slither" you can
        hear Slash at his best. At least it's something that I don't have to
        turn off when I hear it on the radio.
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>