Anvil at L'Amour (part 1)

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 1587 , Jan 1, 2001
      OK - so, Anvil came down for a few shows this
      past weekend.<br><br>Unfortunately, I was only able to
      make one of the three.<br><br>The first night, they
      played at Castle Heights in Jackson Heights. I have no
      idea how the show went - I only got to talk to Lips
      for a minute or so at the show I went to. The third
      night, they were supposed to play the Voodoo Lounge in
      Queens - but, due to the heavy snowfall - the show was
      cancelled. I'd also be curious to know how their show went
      in Batavia....<br><br>Anyway - I was there, with my
      buddy Rob, at the L'Amour show in Brooklyn. I read
      somewhere that, although Anvil was never really popular in
      the U.S., they were still the first all-original band
      to ever play L'Amour - one of the most famous of all
      heavy-metal clubs in the States.<br><br>We missed the opening
      band, The Nightmare Asylum. The first band we caught -
      Ushurak - weren't bad - but it looked as if they saw
      'This is Spinal Tap', thought it was serious, and it
      used it as a guide as to how to be in a band. I mean -
      the first time the guitarist fell off the stage it
      was funny - the second time it was either
      side-splittingly funny, or just pathetic. But, when they were
      playing they weren't half bad.<br><br>The second band we
      caught was Etheria. A very good band with a very strong
      Queensryche influence. If you're into the whole prog-metal
      Queensryche/Dream Theatre/Fates Warning/Savatage thing, one could
      do worse than checking them out.<br><br>Then came
      the speed-metal masters - Anvil. <br><br>Something
      was going on before the show started. I saw Robb
      looking not too happy - talking to someone who worked at
      the club, he was running back & forth between the
      front & back of the club. I don't know what was going
      on - but eventually the mighty force took the stage.
    • √Člaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23, 2003

        > Where is everyone tonight?

        my case: I worry.