Sweet

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      I went on the Sweet Website just to learn a lot more about them...hmmm, I was a kid when they were popular. I remember that I've seen pictures of them in the magazines but I've just started to listen to some songs. I was listening to "Action" and I heard a kind of "pick slide" on the strings......and it was sounding a bit like Lips does sometimes. He named so many bands that influenced them, that I don't remember if Sweet was in the package. The chugging riffs ( I have help here for the terms...) in this song are also "near" the very early Anvil.....would I say "LIPS". It's a site very interesting, for my part I liked when the band had a cute make up. It was like a fashion, Bowie, Gary Glitter, Edgar Winter, etc. all had that kind of "glitters" in the face. I don't know if my memory is good, but in the inner sleeve on MoM, some guys of LIPS got a make up. Now, it is replaced by hundreds of percings. Check the site, it's fun. http://www.thesweet.com/

      tange :)