An AnViL fan sighted

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2004
      I was relaxing tonight flipping through an old issue (3/03)
      of "Classic Rock" magazine. It's a great mag, from England, that
      covers all the "classic" bands. Anyway, I came upon a story of ex-
      Skid Row singer Sabastian Bach. It had a photo of him at home
      standing near his bookcase full of rock books and stuff. Proudly
      displayed on one of the shelves was his AnViL Pound For Pound hockey
      puck! I knew Bach liked all the 80's metal but it was cool to see an
      AnViL item prominently displayed in his collection.

      cAt
    • elaine
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2004
        I would be surprised to hear that the canadian metal bands of the
        late 80's were not influenced or didn't listen to Anvil. When the
        British invasion of metal band started with Iron Maiden Tour "Number
        of the beast", they had Anvil to open their show. Were they another
        metal band at this moment. Lee Aaron were not known enough at this
        moment...Anvil was known in all the Province of Quebec
        (Ontario...etc.). It's almost impossible for a canadian or american
        musician that has started in the 80's to not know who is Anvil.

        tange