Back to Writing

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2004
      Hi Gang, I didn't think we would be back to writing so soon but I got
      bored playing old songs. We've put back together Mad Dog, Pow Wow,
      Heat Sink and Bullshit and we've been playing them plus Bottom
      Feeder, Fuel for the Fire and Chainsaw in rehersal. It's starting to
      get a bit teedeous so I got playing in my bedroom with my practice
      amp and Gibson 335, which of course is the ancient LIPS machine on
      our first albums. What an amazing guitar, it plays itself! Within 3
      hours I had the makings of 2 new songs! That's real cool to do that
      and it doesn't happen that often. I think it may have to do with all
      the anticipation of getting this new cd out. There aren't any names
      yet! I've been trying to book a couple of shows in Quebec, I'm hoping
      to play Rimousky and Quebec City at the end of August. It's not a
      problem for QC but I'm still waiting word from Rimousky, I will keep
      you posted on the developements. I still haven't seen the DVD as
      Massacre hasn't sent us any copies, I'm hoping it wasn't a deliborate
      screw up to make sure we don't make copies to come out over here in
      North America. I was kind of hoping we could manufacture these for
      distribution with our copies as well, although nothing is stopping us
      from selling it for $5 in our format at gigs or on our website. I
      first must find out the costs.........
    • elaine
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2004
        You know, there's always a good friend to burn a DVD's
        copies.....Actually, I don't see WHO could do it, but it's very easy.
        I would sell them 10$ because it's a good show, honnestly...

        The red guitar...like BB King? 2 songs composed with it? That's great!

        If everything goes well, we will see you in July in Toronto.

        tange :)
      • glabrek
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2004
          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Gang, I didn't think we would be back to writing so soon but I
          got
          > bored playing old songs. We've put back together Mad Dog, Pow Wow,
          > Heat Sink and Bullshit and we've been playing them plus Bottom
          > Feeder, Fuel for the Fire and Chainsaw in rehersal. It's starting
          > get a bit teedeous so I got playing in my bedroom with my practice
          > amp and Gibson 335, which of course is the ancient LIPS machine on
          > our first albums. What an amazing guitar, it plays itself! Within 3
          > hours I had the makings of 2 new songs! That's real cool to do that
          > and it doesn't happen that often. I think it may have to do with
          all
          > the anticipation of getting this new cd out. There aren't any names
          > yet! I've been trying to book a couple of shows in Quebec, I'm
          hoping
          > to play Rimousky and Quebec City at the end of August. It's not a
          > problem for QC but I'm still waiting word from Rimousky, I will
          keep
          > you posted on the developements. I still haven't seen the DVD as
          > Massacre hasn't sent us any copies, I'm hoping it wasn't a
          deliborate
          > screw up to make sure we don't make copies to come out over here in
          > North America. I was kind of hoping we could manufacture these for
          > distribution with our copies as well, although nothing is stopping
          us
          > from selling it for $5 in our format at gigs or on our website. I
          > first must find out the costs.........

          Hey Lips!

          I really hope you'll make it again in Quebec City this year. And I
          hope someone will actually promote the show this time...

          Guillaume
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14, 2004
            You're right...I don't know why Simon Gaudry from Le Kashmir always promote on the radio his cover bands and that Le Arlequin doesn't...If they were a bit smart, they would collaborate and could have good bands in Quebec City.

            By the way Guillaume, how do you do to write on Yahoo with your server email (videotron)? Do you get a ton of Spams or maybe you use a software that I don't know?

            tange

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • glabrek
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2004

              > By the way Guillaume, how do you do to write on Yahoo with your
              server email (videotron)? Do you get a ton of Spams or maybe you use
              a software that I don't know?

              > tange

              I'm doing nothing special...I get spam, but not that much. I use
              Eudora as my e-mail client which filters the stuff I receive a bit I
              guess too. I also check out my mail with a fine app called
              Mailwasher, which allows you to kind of "preview" the e-mails you
              recieve. If you get a virus and open the message with it, it's like
              you're reading it 'before' it actually arrives on your computer and
              it does no harm. You can then destroy the unwanted stuff before it
              gets really into your computer.

              Guillaume