Re: [Academy of Anvil] update on Brave Words

  • elaine
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2004
      I wonder if Ian Dickson has seen the DVD? He must feel nostalgic
      sometimes when he sees LIPS and Robb still on a stage and kicking
      ass. Does he feel bitter to see that Anvil got a REAL guitarist now,
      instead of Allison?? It's too bad that he can't write to tell...I
      wonder how he feels about G5. He's maybe doing another kind of art
      now, but he stayed with Anvil from the start until 1995! It's not
      because he didn't like the band...and music. He had his style,
      different from Glen but excellent too. I prefer the "rolling" that
      G5's style got, his style is more agressive. That kind of music needs
      that.

      I don't know if Ian is going to see the DVD, but if he does he will
      certainly have some emotions. I think a musician stays a musicians
      all life long. Whatever he does now, I'm sure that he still plays
      bass with some friends "for fun". He gave great shows and it's sad
      that we never hear of him. Why didn't he make a "LIPS" with one of
      his model. A 80's LIPS with the dog thing at the neck, lol!!

      Tange :)

      P.S. Would be cool that you post something LIPS, cos I've lost all
      your datas on the Anvil Metal Pounders. Can I have an update? Thanks.
      Did you see the DVD, finally?
    • thehelion
      Message 2 of 10 , May 13, 2004
        Tange, I think that the only way Ian is going to see the DVD is if
        someone tells him about it. He's not a computer guy so he's not even
        sure when Anvil releases new product. I try and give him a copy of
        anything that I get my hands on so I'll get him one once I get some
        with the DVDs. I'm not sure if he feels any regrets or hard feelings
        towards the band, it's just a part of his past that he fully enjoyed.
        At least that's what he's told me. I know he likes to come out to the
        gigs every now and then and it has to bring back memories when he
        hears the old songs. I know that he thinks very highly of the talent
        level of the band as we know it.
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>

        Message 3 of 10 , May 13, 2004
          Well Jeff, it just mean that he's happy and that's the most important thing. I really wonder why he doesn't make a model of "LIPS 80's" or Anvil...I'm sure he's got already a buyer that lives around Thunder Bay. Can you see who's the guy? I doubt that he would order 2 copies of that kind of models...it must be very expensive! ;0)

          thehelion <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Tange, I think that the only way Ian is going to see the DVD is if
          wrote:
          > I wonder if Ian Dickson has seen the DVD? He must feel nostalgic
          > sometimes when he sees LIPS and Robb still on a stage and kicking
          > ass. Does he feel bitter to see that Anvil got a REAL guitarist
          now,
          > instead of Allison?? It's too bad that he can't write to tell...I
          > wonder how he feels about G5. He's maybe doing another kind of art
          > now, but he stayed with Anvil from the start until 1995! It's not
          > because he didn't like the band...and music. He had his style,
          > different from Glen but excellent too. I prefer the "rolling" that
          > G5's style got, his style is more agressive. That kind of music
          needs
          > that.
          >
          > I don't know if Ian is going to see the DVD, but if he does he will
          > certainly have some emotions. I think a musician stays a musicians
          > all life long. Whatever he does now, I'm sure that he still plays
          > bass with some friends "for fun". He gave great shows and it's sad
          > that we never hear of him. Why didn't he make a "LIPS" with one of
          > his model. A 80's LIPS with the dog thing at the neck, lol!!
          >
          > Tange :)
          >
          > P.S. Would be cool that you post something LIPS, cos I've lost all
          > your datas on the Anvil Metal Pounders. Can I have an update?
          Thanks.
          > Did you see the DVD, finally?

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Heavymetalhead.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 16, 2004
            > what's the date of this bootleg. I may have to get a copy. :)

            SACRIFICE: 8/27/89 Sibony Club, Toronto
            RAZOR: 12/29/89 Concert Hall, Toronto
            ANVIL: 5/17/90 Hot Rocks, Brampton

            I purchased this about 4-5 years ago from some guy in Perth, Ontario who is now a born again Christian. His name escapes me. At the time I scored this on eBay alongside a bunch of other rare 80s thrash metal gems (at the time Razor's "Evil Invaders" on the Roadrunner Price! Killers series was fetching $150US) like Slaughter, Sacrifice, a few other things too for $104. Best money I had ever spent. =)

            AFAIK this tape is first generation master. The guy told me his buddy was the one who recorded it on his video camera. Lotsa funny footage at the beginning with a bunch of rowdy metal guys and Joe Ricci of Sacrifice clowing around. The quality is mint through and through, though I'm thinking he was referring to the Sacrifice show only.

            If this interests you, let me know.

            ICQ/UIN: 131855064 ~~ AIM/MSN/Yahoo! Mssngr: heavymetalhead73
            http://profiles.yahoo.com/heavymetalhead_com/
            http://members.msn.com/heavymetalhead73@...

            MY HOMEPAGE: ~~~ http://www.heavymetalhead.com/ ~~~ (opening in 2004)
          • Heavymetalhead.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 16, 2004
              > You have to make it to the show. I'll buy you a beer or two
              > or three. It's been a long time since seeing Razor opening
              > up for Slayer at Larry's Hideaway. That was a crazy night.

              Sounds great man, I'll buy you one two or three in return once I drink you under the table. LOL. Just kidding of course. It'll probably be the other way around, so you better let me buy first. I'm 75% confident I can make this happen. I have someone in Kitchener whom I've been wanting to meet and I have family in Guelph, too. Now all's I need to do is see if I can find where Dave Carlo lives. LOL!!

              Message 6 of 10 , May 17, 2004
                Got this one already.

                --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Heavymetalhead.com