Re: [Academy of Anvil] update on Brave Words

    Message 1 of 10 , May 11, 2004
      what's the date of this bootleg. I may have to get a copy. :)

      > I have a boot of Razor, Anvil and Sacrifice from the late 80s/early
      90s and it's the closest I ever thought I would come to seeing them
      perform.
      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2004
        This kind of show should make a Tour with a title like "Canadian metal gods 2004" or "Canucks metal pioneers 2004".....I don't know. Since I've looked at the DVD, I know I've been right telling that Anvil was a LIVE band. It's incredible how the energy of the crowd makes them perform better and better. I've seen them in 2003 and the only difference was the size of the stage. But it makes a difference!

        I went on Sacrifice website and it seems to be dead since 1998. No update, nothing...I'm going to write at the email addresses to ask if they can make a li'l update to announce the show. I hope that Toronto's radio stations will talk about the show early. What would be cool is that an interview would be done with a few members of all these bands. The younger metalheads will learn some more about those great bands!

        I found my "baby certificate" with all my vaccinations on it.....my mom gave it to me once. It goes from when I was a month old (1963) to 1969 (school). She won't charge me 50$ for each vaccin the bitch, trust me!! She asked for a "prove", she'll have it. That's what Immigration (Canadian or American) is all about. You don't have any idea of all the money that they make with that. Canada and USA received so many immigrants just for a reason: $$$$$$$. My brother in law went by the Canadian immigration and it's almost the same fees.

        After my vaccinations, I take all the form that I filled and all my documents (vaccinations, etc.) go at Albany's sub Office (small office) on a Wednesday only, and I obtain what they call Ajustment of Status the same day. It's a social security number, a one year green card that I'll have to renew ($$$) and the right to get out of this country.......To SEE ANVIL, EXCITER, SACRIFICE AND RAZOR!! Yes Sir!

        Look at the ridiculous side of the thing. In Canada the medical cares are free. All the babies, all the kids receive their vaccination free. They don't accept you at School when you're 6 if you didn't receive them. All my diplomas (high school, Technical School, College) has been seen by the US immigration previously. Why are they charging me now for Vaccinations? I don't care heavymetalhead, they won't make me miss that, so I hope you wont. I'll wear probably Cat's "Metal on Metal" shirt. It doesn't fit on him anymore...hahahahaha.

        Regina? Take a stop at Thunder Bay and take Tony with you! He doesn't like to drive... :)

        Tange :0)

        P.S. If I can start a webpage for this show, let me know. I can find a fast URL and just make a page on Geocities with some links. Tony or Cat can compose the text. I work for free ( I still don't have the right to work in fact...) First I have to fix the Anvil Metal Pounders today.

      • thehelion
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2004
          You have to make it to the show. I'll buy you a beer or two or three.
          It's been a long time since seeing Razor opening up for Slayer at
          Larry's Hideaway. That was a crazy night.

          -- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Heavymetalhead.com
          <heavymetalhead@h...> wrote:
          > > As reported here first yesterday, RAZOR has confirmed that
          > > they will be performing a show in Toronto with ANVIL and
          > > EXCITER on July 24th at the FunHause in Toronto. A possible
          > > SACRIFICE reunion may also occur.
          >
          > *drools uncontrollably*
          >
          > I think I have died and gone to thrash/speed metal Heaven. I've
          been waiting for a show like this for the past how many years
          now...... all my favoritest of true Canadian metal bands under one
          roof? It's unfathomable - somebody pinch me 'cuz I must be
          dreaming. The icing on this already impressive (wedding heehee
          [congrats Tange and Catdeli!! I'm happy for you both]) cake would
          indeed be to see Sacrifice reform and play this show. I have a boot
          of Razor, Anvil and Sacrifice from the late 80s/early 90s and it's
          the closest I ever thought I would come to seeing them perform.
          Well, pardon my French but I'll be fucked and be damned if I ain't
          finding a way to make it from Regina to Toronto to see this go down.
          I'll hitchhike if I have to. Here's hoping I don't have to eat my
          words.

          > ICQ/UIN: 131855064 ~~ AIM/MSN/Yahoo! Mssngr: heavymetalhead73
          > http://profiles.yahoo.com/heavymetalhead_com/
          > http://members.msn.com/heavymetalhead73@m...

          > MY HOMEPAGE: ~~~ http://www.heavymetalhead.com/ ~~~ (opening in
          2004)
        • elaine
          Message 4 of 10 , May 12, 2004
            I wonder if Ian Dickson has seen the DVD? He must feel nostalgic
            sometimes when he sees LIPS and Robb still on a stage and kicking
            ass. Does he feel bitter to see that Anvil got a REAL guitarist now,
            instead of Allison?? It's too bad that he can't write to tell...I
            wonder how he feels about G5. He's maybe doing another kind of art
            now, but he stayed with Anvil from the start until 1995! It's not
            because he didn't like the band...and music. He had his style,
            different from Glen but excellent too. I prefer the "rolling" that
            G5's style got, his style is more agressive. That kind of music needs
            that.

            I don't know if Ian is going to see the DVD, but if he does he will
            certainly have some emotions. I think a musician stays a musicians
            all life long. Whatever he does now, I'm sure that he still plays
            bass with some friends "for fun". He gave great shows and it's sad
            that we never hear of him. Why didn't he make a "LIPS" with one of
            his model. A 80's LIPS with the dog thing at the neck, lol!!

            Tange :)

            P.S. Would be cool that you post something LIPS, cos I've lost all
            your datas on the Anvil Metal Pounders. Can I have an update? Thanks.
            Did you see the DVD, finally?
          • thehelion
            Message 5 of 10 , May 13, 2004
              Tange, I think that the only way Ian is going to see the DVD is if
              someone tells him about it. He's not a computer guy so he's not even
              sure when Anvil releases new product. I try and give him a copy of
              anything that I get my hands on so I'll get him one once I get some
              with the DVDs. I'm not sure if he feels any regrets or hard feelings
              towards the band, it's just a part of his past that he fully enjoyed.
              At least that's what he's told me. I know he likes to come out to the
              gigs every now and then and it has to bring back memories when he
              hears the old songs. I know that he thinks very highly of the talent
              level of the band as we know it.
              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>

              Message 6 of 10 , May 13, 2004
                Well Jeff, it just mean that he's happy and that's the most important thing. I really wonder why he doesn't make a model of "LIPS 80's" or Anvil...I'm sure he's got already a buyer that lives around Thunder Bay. Can you see who's the guy? I doubt that he would order 2 copies of that kind of models...it must be very expensive! ;0)

                thehelion <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Tange, I think that the only way Ian is going to see the DVD is if
                wrote:
                > I wonder if Ian Dickson has seen the DVD? He must feel nostalgic
                > sometimes when he sees LIPS and Robb still on a stage and kicking
                > ass. Does he feel bitter to see that Anvil got a REAL guitarist
                now,
                > instead of Allison?? It's too bad that he can't write to tell...I
                > wonder how he feels about G5. He's maybe doing another kind of art
                > now, but he stayed with Anvil from the start until 1995! It's not
                > because he didn't like the band...and music. He had his style,
                > different from Glen but excellent too. I prefer the "rolling" that
                > G5's style got, his style is more agressive. That kind of music
                needs
                > that.
                >
                > I don't know if Ian is going to see the DVD, but if he does he will
                > certainly have some emotions. I think a musician stays a musicians
                > all life long. Whatever he does now, I'm sure that he still plays
                > bass with some friends "for fun". He gave great shows and it's sad
                > that we never hear of him. Why didn't he make a "LIPS" with one of
                > his model. A 80's LIPS with the dog thing at the neck, lol!!
                >
                > Tange :)
                >
                > P.S. Would be cool that you post something LIPS, cos I've lost all
                > your datas on the Anvil Metal Pounders. Can I have an update?
                Thanks.
                > Did you see the DVD, finally?

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Heavymetalhead.com
                Message 7 of 10 , May 16, 2004
                  > what's the date of this bootleg. I may have to get a copy. :)

                  SACRIFICE: 8/27/89 Sibony Club, Toronto
                  RAZOR: 12/29/89 Concert Hall, Toronto
                  ANVIL: 5/17/90 Hot Rocks, Brampton

                  I purchased this about 4-5 years ago from some guy in Perth, Ontario who is now a born again Christian. His name escapes me. At the time I scored this on eBay alongside a bunch of other rare 80s thrash metal gems (at the time Razor's "Evil Invaders" on the Roadrunner Price! Killers series was fetching $150US) like Slaughter, Sacrifice, a few other things too for $104. Best money I had ever spent. =)

                  AFAIK this tape is first generation master. The guy told me his buddy was the one who recorded it on his video camera. Lotsa funny footage at the beginning with a bunch of rowdy metal guys and Joe Ricci of Sacrifice clowing around. The quality is mint through and through, though I'm thinking he was referring to the Sacrifice show only.

                  If this interests you, let me know.

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 16, 2004
                    > You have to make it to the show. I'll buy you a beer or two
                    > or three. It's been a long time since seeing Razor opening
                    > up for Slayer at Larry's Hideaway. That was a crazy night.

                    Sounds great man, I'll buy you one two or three in return once I drink you under the table. LOL. Just kidding of course. It'll probably be the other way around, so you better let me buy first. I'm 75% confident I can make this happen. I have someone in Kitchener whom I've been wanting to meet and I have family in Guelph, too. Now all's I need to do is see if I can find where Dave Carlo lives. LOL!!

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 17, 2004
                      Got this one already.