Re: DVD Tonight!

    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2004
      > Hey, Tange, I really enjoyed watching the DVD, did you? They came
      out strong with 5 Knuckle and Smokin'! It was great to get to see the
      guys playing their parts because it makes you appreciate the
      musicianship a lot more when you can actually see what they're doing
      and how they're doing it. Somehow amid all the seeming chaos on stage
      they 99% of the time land on their feet and hit their cues together.
      It may look easy but it really shows the level of togetherness they
      have as a band. Watch Robb flailing away seemingly out of control but
      then coming out of his roll right into the next part along with the
      others makes you go "Shit, how'd they pull that off?". Hell, the
      crowd was really digging them on this night, too! I want to play with
      the sound a bit because I just only have it coming from my TV right
      now. I'll run it thru my stereo and get a bit of thump going. For
      now, the bass tended to get a bit lost in the mix. Good drum solo in
      Crabs. Robb on a Mapex kit. Was that his or a rental for the night? I
      see that Ivan was taking a bunch of solos and I was surprised because
      I had wondered how many he was doing. Not having seen any live video
      before, I wasn't sure. G5 was all flying fingers and flying hair!
      Yup, somebody ran up to Lips and stuffed a big ole spliff in his
      mouth at one point! And the White Rhino made an appearance in Mothra
      and got some slidy soloing going. I think it would have been ok to
      club the stage manager over the head with your guitar, Lips, when he
      came out and began giving you the "cut" sign as you were winding up
      Mothra, the bloody wanker!
      Overall, a great souvenir of a good show and very cool to have it
      included with the new BTB. By the way, BTB keeps getting better with
      each play. It's obvious that the reviewers were giving it a quick
      listen and trying to hurry onto their next Ricky Martin review.
      Fuk 'em!

      Gullible, innocent, naive,
      cAtdeli