Re: DVD Tonight!

  • elaine
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2004
      I didn't know that he would start the show with this song too... :0)
      Five...chicken killed that took their shower (as you see I do a lot
      of English progress). The DVD plays PAL format, is 9 inches X 9
      inches and we paid is 34.99$ + 7% taxes. I must admit that now I
      realize that shopping in Canada is stressing. You never know (except
      if you keep a calculator in your pocket) how the things really cost.
      Anvil was awesome on the big screen!! All the employee were smiling
      and wondering what was going on (???). After two vaccinations in
      Albany and 3 blood samples (vaccination for the "Chicken pox", what
      the hell is that sickness??), it was good to go in a big shopping
      center and to buy the DVD.

      Tonite, left overs of the wedding buffet (Wine Cheeze ball, crackers
      and beer) and ANVIL on DVD!!! Yesssssssss...

      Tange :0))
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2004
        > Hey, Tange, I really enjoyed watching the DVD, did you? They came
        out strong with 5 Knuckle and Smokin'! It was great to get to see the
        guys playing their parts because it makes you appreciate the
        musicianship a lot more when you can actually see what they're doing
        and how they're doing it. Somehow amid all the seeming chaos on stage
        they 99% of the time land on their feet and hit their cues together.
        It may look easy but it really shows the level of togetherness they
        have as a band. Watch Robb flailing away seemingly out of control but
        then coming out of his roll right into the next part along with the
        others makes you go "Shit, how'd they pull that off?". Hell, the
        crowd was really digging them on this night, too! I want to play with
        the sound a bit because I just only have it coming from my TV right
        now. I'll run it thru my stereo and get a bit of thump going. For
        now, the bass tended to get a bit lost in the mix. Good drum solo in
        Crabs. Robb on a Mapex kit. Was that his or a rental for the night? I
        see that Ivan was taking a bunch of solos and I was surprised because
        I had wondered how many he was doing. Not having seen any live video
        before, I wasn't sure. G5 was all flying fingers and flying hair!
        Yup, somebody ran up to Lips and stuffed a big ole spliff in his
        mouth at one point! And the White Rhino made an appearance in Mothra
        and got some slidy soloing going. I think it would have been ok to
        club the stage manager over the head with your guitar, Lips, when he
        came out and began giving you the "cut" sign as you were winding up
        Mothra, the bloody wanker!
        Overall, a great souvenir of a good show and very cool to have it
        included with the new BTB. By the way, BTB keeps getting better with
        each play. It's obvious that the reviewers were giving it a quick
        listen and trying to hurry onto their next Ricky Martin review.
        Fuk 'em!

        Gullible, innocent, naive,
        cAtdeli