DVD Tonight!

    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2004
      Well, folks, I (WE. Tange & me, I mean!) went out today and picked up
      a DVD player. We made sure that it would play the Wacken show DVD by
      bringing it into the store to try. "Best Buy" is the big
      computer/electronics store in a big mall. We chose a player and put
      in the disc. The sales guy cranked the volume and we had it on a big
      screen TV to see. There it was, the big AnViL logo and then,,,"HOW
      THE FUCK ARE YA, WACKEN!!!!" went ringing through the store! Oh
      shit, everybody stopped and looked and we turned red and tried to
      look innocent. Hey, how did we know Lips would begin the show like
      that??? HA!!!
      Well, we quickly made our puchase and exited to dirty looks from the
      staff. Tonight we will watch the whole thing here. The player is not
      a "good" one. It was only $40 plus a $5 rebate and it plays both NTSC
      and PAL discs. The box said that it would anyway.

      cAt
    • elaine
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2004
        I didn't know that he would start the show with this song too... :0)
        Five...chicken killed that took their shower (as you see I do a lot
        of English progress). The DVD plays PAL format, is 9 inches X 9
        inches and we paid is 34.99$ + 7% taxes. I must admit that now I
        realize that shopping in Canada is stressing. You never know (except
        if you keep a calculator in your pocket) how the things really cost.
        Anvil was awesome on the big screen!! All the employee were smiling
        and wondering what was going on (???). After two vaccinations in
        Albany and 3 blood samples (vaccination for the "Chicken pox", what
        the hell is that sickness??), it was good to go in a big shopping
        center and to buy the DVD.

        Tonite, left overs of the wedding buffet (Wine Cheeze ball, crackers
        and beer) and ANVIL on DVD!!! Yesssssssss...

        Tange :0))
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2004
          > Hey, Tange, I really enjoyed watching the DVD, did you? They came
          out strong with 5 Knuckle and Smokin'! It was great to get to see the
          guys playing their parts because it makes you appreciate the
          musicianship a lot more when you can actually see what they're doing
          and how they're doing it. Somehow amid all the seeming chaos on stage
          they 99% of the time land on their feet and hit their cues together.
          It may look easy but it really shows the level of togetherness they
          have as a band. Watch Robb flailing away seemingly out of control but
          then coming out of his roll right into the next part along with the
          others makes you go "Shit, how'd they pull that off?". Hell, the
          crowd was really digging them on this night, too! I want to play with
          the sound a bit because I just only have it coming from my TV right
          now. I'll run it thru my stereo and get a bit of thump going. For
          now, the bass tended to get a bit lost in the mix. Good drum solo in
          Crabs. Robb on a Mapex kit. Was that his or a rental for the night? I
          see that Ivan was taking a bunch of solos and I was surprised because
          I had wondered how many he was doing. Not having seen any live video
          before, I wasn't sure. G5 was all flying fingers and flying hair!
          Yup, somebody ran up to Lips and stuffed a big ole spliff in his
          mouth at one point! And the White Rhino made an appearance in Mothra
          and got some slidy soloing going. I think it would have been ok to
          club the stage manager over the head with your guitar, Lips, when he
          came out and began giving you the "cut" sign as you were winding up
          Mothra, the bloody wanker!
          Overall, a great souvenir of a good show and very cool to have it
          included with the new BTB. By the way, BTB keeps getting better with
          each play. It's obvious that the reviewers were giving it a quick
          listen and trying to hurry onto their next Ricky Martin review.
          Fuk 'em!

          Gullible, innocent, naive,
          cAtdeli