We had the CD!

    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2004
      The sound is a lot better on the real CD, precise and clear. A burned copy can't sound exactly the same. I love the cover and the way that this album is presented. It's representative of the album's concept. Let's find another title for the next album, ha? I'm sure we'll have another album.

      Is that everybody that can be opened to an album like BTB. I was checking the reviews and it's like "some loved the album" or "some disliked the album". There's no middle. Anvil went in Germany in the 90's when they were doing more in Speed Metal. I heard "Plugged in Permanent" and now, I can almost understand why they had some problems to "accept" an album that is a very good example of what Anvil is from. The early 80's: Anvil was sounding and playing like on BTB. If Germany didn't listen really to the early Anvil, they has concluded that Anvil were a "speed metal band" because of their 90's stuff. Which is not true.

      I checked also all the bands that were under Massacre Records label: a big part is about speed, death, trash, whatever metal. The question is: when you're signed in Germany, do you have to disguise your music because they prefer "trash metal"?

      The fact that a band like The Darkness (it's shit!) is popular in North America and in England is a sign that people are seeking melodies in rock. If the metal music can't furnish this need, people will buy some other stuff. In the Rolling Stones magazine, they explained "The Darkness" phenomenon like that. Lack of melodies in metal: people returned at the....basics.

      I just receives the Norton CDs to install on Cat's computer and on mine. Beware the Trojan Horses, there's over hundreds different. Download something especially for this kind of virus if your antiviruse doesn't have this option. http://download.com.com/3000-2092-10247416.html?tag=lst-3-1

      Next step, going everywhere where they sell DVD players with Anvil's Wacken CD. We're going to try it on each DVD to see if it fits. As we're both deaf, it will rock! We can go Saturday, cos we get married...We'll go after.

      Rock on!

      Élaine Rochefort DelSignore (it will be my name, jeez!) aka Tange

    • glabrek
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2004
        > The sound is a lot better on the real CD, precise and clear. A
        burned copy can't sound exactly the same.

        **Well, I had a CD-R made of 192 kbps MP3s and I didn't hear any real
        difference when I compared with my "real" Anvil CD. MP3s ripped at
        192 and more sound just as good as real CDs for me...

        I love the cover and the way that this album is presented. It's
        representative of the album's concept. Let's find another title for
        the next album, ha? I'm sure we'll have another album.

        > Is that everybody that can be opened to an album like BTB. I was
        checking the reviews and it's like "some loved the album" or "some
        disliked the album". There's no middle. Anvil went in Germany in the
        90's when they were doing more in Speed Metal. I heard "Plugged in
        Permanent" and now, I can almost understand why they had some
        problems to "accept" an album that is a very good example of what
        Anvil is from. The early 80's: Anvil was sounding and playing like on
        BTB. If Germany didn't listen really to the early Anvil, they has
        concluded that Anvil were a "speed metal band" because of their 90's
        stuff. Which is not true.

        > I checked also all the bands that were under Massacre Records
        label: a big part is about speed, death, trash, whatever metal. The
        question is: when you're signed in Germany, do you have to disguise
        your music because they prefer "trash metal"?

        **There are some great melodic metal bands on Masscare too, like the
        great Pretty Maids band, one of my faves, which should release a new
        album later this year.

        > The fact that a band like The Darkness (it's shit!) is popular in
        North America and in England is a sign that people are seeking
        melodies in rock. If the metal music can't furnish this need, people
        will buy some other stuff. In the Rolling Stones magazine, they
        explained "The Darkness" phenomenon like that. Lack of melodies in
        metal: people returned at the....basics.

        > I just receives the Norton CDs to install on Cat's computer and on
        mine. Beware the Trojan Horses, there's over hundreds different.
        Download something especially for this kind of virus if your
        antiviruse doesn't have this option. http://download.com.com/3000-
        2092-10247416.html?tag=lst-3-1

        **I can't understand why people use Norton stuff...I know it's
        supposed to be the "best" antivirus software, but everyone I know who
        had this installed on their computer were really frustrated cause
        Norton really slowed down their machine and they soon had it
        removed...AS for me, I'm using the *free* AVG antivirus
        (www.grisoft.com) and it works great, without slowing the machine.
        Whenever I recieve a virus, AVG cleans it and removes it without any
        problems. At work, I have MacAfee, which is also cool. As you see,
        I'm not a Norton lover... :o)

        > Next step, going everywhere where they sell DVD players with
        Anvil's Wacken CD. We're going to try it on each DVD to see if it
        fits. As we're both deaf, it will rock! We can go Saturday, cos we
        get married...We'll go after.

        > Rock on!
        >
        > Élaine Rochefort DelSignore (it will be my name, jeez!) aka Tange

        Congrats again to Mrs. and Mr. DelSignore!! Have an happy wedding.

        Guillaume (an happy married man since 10 years)
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2004
          Well, I'm not an expert concerning burning CDs. Probably the sound
          was better because the CD played in the car on Cat's Alpine. It's a
          feeling that I had.

          AVG??? That's what I had when I caught the Trojan Horse and let me
          tell you: you don't believe the whole thing until it happens to you!
          Ask Cat, it was scrapping my programs one after the other and all I
          was able to get from AVG was a Window in DOS asking if I wanted
          to "Heal" not...to "delete" or "quarantine". I've always have free
          antivirus software before but not anymore...I asked one of my friends
          that manage the network of a big office and he told me that Norton
          was one of the few that can protect for Trojan horses (a lot of
          different kind). I asked the technician where I went to get my
          computer fixed, and he said the same. I'm on the cable with a router,
          and I get the same speed that ADSL with Sympatico. Between you and
          me, I prefer to go a bit slower...that losing all my datas. That's
          what the virus that I had does.

          Thank you, I hope I'll do 10 years :) I'm nervous but I don't know
          why...It's scary for a young virgin like me, I'm afraid of "the first
          night". Will it hurt, will it bleed???

          Tange :0)