ANYBODY OUT THERE?

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 6:19 PM
      It's been a while since I've seen any new posts, has everyone gotten
      their copy of BTB? I still haven't got the DVD. I heard it's not too
      shitty but the sound could be better in a few places and sometimes
      you can't hear G5 and sometimes Ivan and sometimes vocals. Of course
      I knew this would have to be like this because it was mixed live off
      the sound board at the festival and we were at the mercy of this
      unknown to us soundman. I heard that if your DVD player is a new more
      expensive model it will play all formats. Robb's Sony is supposed to,
      as he was watching a Saxon DVD that was also in PAL. Mad Dog Colin
      Brown is getting me a burned copy in our regular format so I can
      watch it on my cheap DVD player...lol
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 6:57 PM
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > It's been a while since I've seen any new posts, has everyone
        gotten
        > their copy of BTB? I still haven't got the DVD. I heard it's not
        too
        > shitty but the sound could be better in a few places and sometimes
        > you can't hear G5 and sometimes Ivan and sometimes vocals. Of
        course
        > I knew this would have to be like this because it was mixed live
        off
        > the sound board at the festival and we were at the mercy of this
        > unknown to us soundman. I heard that if your DVD player is a new
        more
        > expensive model it will play all formats. Robb's Sony is supposed
        to,
        > as he was watching a Saxon DVD that was also in PAL. Mad Dog Colin
        > Brown is getting me a burned copy in our regular format so I can
        > watch it on my cheap DVD player...lol

        I am here(I think)! I did not get my copy of BTB yet although I did
        order it. Well, being the computer wizard that I am, I THOUGHT I had
        ordered it. Apparently I did not complete my on-line purchase. I was
        checking the mail every day for a over a week hoping it would arrive.
        Suddenly it dawned on me that I had gone to get my credit card number
        and had not finished ordering. DOH! So I wasted a whole 2 weeks
        waiting for nothing. Well, now it is ordered and on the way. I was
        going to buy a "cheap" DVD player. Now maybe I will spend a bit more
        to get a middle one that I know will play the DVD.
        I was outside in the heat today (82!) putting in some new lawn and
        out shopping and running around doing errands with Tange. She is
        keeping me busy, I'll tell you! ;^p When I normally drive in the car,
        it is full brain frying volume on the CD player but her tender ears
        can't take the onslaught so I have to turn it down a bit. Oops, I've
        just been corrected! She actually CAN take the volume but she hates
        the bands that I choose: Darkness! love/hate! Dokken! Tesla! But we
        agree that BTB rocks but the bad thing is that she tries to SING
        along with it! Heeeeelp!! 8^o
        We will be seeing Deep Purple this August, so that will be cool. They
        play near here and I think they have "Thin Lizzy" opening.

        cAtdeli
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 7:16 PM
          I sing pretty well...when I can pronounce the lyrics, K? I'm sure the
          DVD plays on a cheap DVD player if the PAL option is available.

          Do you know what Trojan is? Not the condoms!! Trojan Horse "the
          killer virus", Jeez! I had this virus and I've been connected on
          Internet only 12 hours. The computer is at the hospital now. It's
          horrible this virus! I had an alert, I chose "heal", but I wasn't
          protected against "Trojan". It hits each program you open, after
          Explorer, Acrobat Reader and Outlook Express...I decided to shut it
          down and kick out my chair, darn! I was in rage, and I gestured like
          Bruce Lee: "How's that Tabarnac!" "What's the matter, Viarge!!".
          Anyway, I'll pay the technician 120$ and get Norton antivirus. It's
          warm here, 82 F on May First well...I've never seen that in Quebec
          City. It's the right time to work outside, ha?

          Tony will be glad to know that I won't be able to download any mp3. I
          have a router and they put a firewall in the cable modem :(

          Lips, I'm sure the DVD it's great and it's got to sound "live". I
          shut down the computer it's really too hot here, I'm not used to.