BTB at HMV

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2004
      Hi gang, I heard there are 4 copies of the new cd at HMV downtown
      Toronto. It comes with the DVD but it's in pal format. This means it
      must be transfered to our format to play in a north american DVD
      player. I'm not sure if it's encoded not to be copied or how much it
      will cost to transfer to our format if it can be. We will soon find
      out........I am disturbed that imports are showing up as Massacre
      promised that they wouldn't. I think HMV bought them from somewhere
      other than Massacre. The price is impressive at $21.95.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2004
        DAMMIT!!!

        I was excited because the DVD was region 0....no country code. I
        didn't even think about the PAL/NTSC issue.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2004
          --Oh oh, I ordered mine to the USA but I haven't gotten it in the
          mail yet to check it. If it's not compatible, should we complain to
          Massacre and they will send us the correct disc? :^p Technology sucks!

          This can only mean 1 thing: AnViL will have to play more concerts in
          North America that we will record to make our own Academy-only DVD.

          cAt
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 18, 2004
            I can't figure out why they have exported the CD with the DVD (even
            it's a bonus, but it helps for sales) in North america if we can't
            use this famous bonus...(???). In fact technology changed, cos my
            turnable and my amplifier were from Germany as far as I can
            remember...why the DVD bugs? Too bad.

            I listened to "Plugged in Permanent" for the first time yesterday. I
            still hate Speed Metal! I was scared to hear Lips singing like that,
            but I admit that I liked the sound. It was well recorded...for a
            speed metal album. Doctor Kork... was excellent! Five Kn... : I don't
            know what Lips is singing about :) I've heard "Smoking Green" live
            but never on the CD: It's a great song. Lips voice was tricky and it
            just made me appreciate more and more "Back to Basics". If most of
            the Germans have known Anvil playing this music's style, it's not a
            big surprise that some of the reviewers got a problem to "catch" the
            BTB's spirit. It's night and day. I've heard 80's Anvil and 2000's
            Anvil, and I'm happy of it.

            No DVD! Live Shows!!