Re: downloading music

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 16, 2004
      "I actually disagree. Filesharing can be used to share ANY type of
      files. You can't blame them for what files are being shared. Is it my
      ISPs fault if I use their mail server to mail you MP3s? Of course
      not."
      ----------------------
      There's a difference between black and white. I wrote that it was the
      easy side of the downloading that was the problem. Eliminate the
      bigger servers that provide mp3s, and it's getting complicated to
      have one of them. By the way, it reduces the traffic. If I ask you
      some Anvil mp3s to put on the Anvil Metal Pounders in background (to
      rotate), you'll have first to get a software to change the tracks in
      mp3s, to rip it (bitrate, mhz, etc.) and email one by one.

      First it's a sharing that is not going to create some damage to
      Anvil. Second, it's damn more complicated to send a 6 mgs file on
      email than going on Kazaa to download 8 mp3s while you're in the
      shower.

      It's not your ISPs fault if you use your mail server to mail me mp3s,
      as it's not Post Canada's fault if I mail you a copy of a CD. The use
      of all that "sharing" always depends on people. But mp3's sharing or
      burned Cds sharing is not accepted by the Record Companies. I get a
      mp3 to listen, then I burn a whole CD to sell the copies...what is
      going to bug the industry?

      tange