Re: downloading music

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 16, 2004
      Yes, there is easier availability. But it is 99% SH**. We had
      cassettes as the state of the art recording medium at that time. We
      also had a bunch of guys who between us would actually get most of
      the METAL albums we wanted. One of us would surely have bought
      something that another friend would want also..Budgie, Gillan, Tank,
      Tygers etc. So it all was, I think , an almost equal situation in
      regards to that. Sure it was "harder" to record an LP but we didn't
      know any better at that time and we did what we had to do for a free
      copy of something that we could not afford to buy anyway.

      Yes, I bought the new STYX, Tange and it ROCKS! 8^O

      cAtdeli
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 16, 2004
        "I actually disagree. Filesharing can be used to share ANY type of
        files. You can't blame them for what files are being shared. Is it my
        ISPs fault if I use their mail server to mail you MP3s? Of course
        not."
        ----------------------
        There's a difference between black and white. I wrote that it was the
        easy side of the downloading that was the problem. Eliminate the
        bigger servers that provide mp3s, and it's getting complicated to
        have one of them. By the way, it reduces the traffic. If I ask you
        some Anvil mp3s to put on the Anvil Metal Pounders in background (to
        rotate), you'll have first to get a software to change the tracks in
        mp3s, to rip it (bitrate, mhz, etc.) and email one by one.

        First it's a sharing that is not going to create some damage to
        Anvil. Second, it's damn more complicated to send a 6 mgs file on
        email than going on Kazaa to download 8 mp3s while you're in the
        shower.

        It's not your ISPs fault if you use your mail server to mail me mp3s,
        as it's not Post Canada's fault if I mail you a copy of a CD. The use
        of all that "sharing" always depends on people. But mp3's sharing or
        burned Cds sharing is not accepted by the Record Companies. I get a
        mp3 to listen, then I burn a whole CD to sell the copies...what is
        going to bug the industry?

        tange