Re: [Academy of Anvil] Speed metal Stigma

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21 10:33 AM
      Fragmented is a good term to describe what metal has become. Is that an evolution or just the end of it? I listen to all kind of stuff without checking if the guys of the band playing shows tatoos or percings on the nipples.

      A music that can't be classified deserves to be call "music". The magazines find each week a new name for some band's music. It's a mistake and the best proof of it is the "hybrid metal" (I do like the magazines: I invent a new category) like Evanescence or Lacuna Coil. Is that rock, is that metal, is that opera....or Pat Benator singing with Rob Zombie? Who can tell? We are supposed to listen to something, to like it or dislike it....not to find "the category of rock" it belongs to.

      Who would say that "Diary of a Madman " is not a good album because there's no speed metal on it? Over the mountain got a fast beat, but it's not Speeeeeeeeed! Ozzy had a good band at this time. Speed, power, trash, nu, and death metal were not yet invented words. I copy those lyrics (my favorite of all) for Lips...Don't pay attention to what people say, man....Even they insulted you! I know what I'm talking about.

      You Can't Kill Rock & Roll

      [Daisley - Osbourne - Rhoads]

      How many times
      Can they fill me with lies
      And I listen again
      Twisting the truth
      And they're playin' around with my head, O.K.
      The things they will do and the things they will say
      But they don't really understand
      Tears fill my eyes when I hear all the cries
      For the reason today

      And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about
      And I can't image what empty heads can achieve
      Leave me alone, don't want your promises no more
      'Cos rock & roll is my religion and my law
      Won't ever change, may think it's strange
      You can't kill rock & roll, it's here to stay

      Lookin' through eyes of time
      Mirrors reflecting their stories untrue
      Promises, promises
      Telling me all of my glories overdue
      How many times have I heard it before
      And I'll probably hear it again
      King of a thousand knights, pawn in a table light
      Losing to you

      And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about
      And I can't image what empty heads can achieve
      Leave me alone, don't want your promises no more
      'Cos rock & roll is my religion and my law
      Won't ever change, may think it's strange
      You can't kill rock & roll, it's here to stay

      Even the rhymes that they
      Give me in times of confession ain't true
      Outcome is obvious
      All for them, none for us
      Meaning you too
      The things they will do and the things they will say
      When they don't really understand
      Fear of rejection, I need their protection
      I'm making a stand

      'Cos they don't really know even what they're talkin' about
      And I can't image what empty heads can achieve
      Leave me alone, don't want your promises no more
      'Cos rock & roll is my religion and my law
      Won't ever change, may think it's strange
      You can't kill rock & roll, it's here to stay

      Leave me alone, don't want your promises no more
      'Cos rock & roll is my religion and my law
      Won't ever change, may think it's strange
      I'm born to rock & roll, I'm here to stay, yeah

      ---------------------------------------

      tange :0)

    • wipy1999
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 24 7:39 PM
        Hi Lips I love Anvil but you and even Colin Brown seem to attack
        Death and Black Metal all the time. Man that music kills. The shit
        that sucks is this Alernative crap and Gay Nu Metal Shit or Rap Core
        crap. MAN I love all Great Metal,Old rock from the 60s and 70s plus
        Punk And Blues and weird experimental Noise stuff. Man Lips Why Has
        Anvil lost the Power and ideas it had back from Speed Of Sound and
        Plugged in Permanent??????--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "@ T

      • wipy1999
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 24 7:42 PM
          By the Way Tange Dio blows Hollywood Ozzy away. Ozzy is also good
          friends with Terrorist George Bush I mean He did visit the White
          House with Him, Lets Kill the Dragons in Power HAIL DIO,Later Wipy PS
          LIPS More Fucking Power.....--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "@

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 25 3:26 AM
            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, wipy1999 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > By the Way Tange Dio blows Hollywood Ozzy away. Ozzy is also good
            > friends with Terrorist George Bush I mean He did visit the White
            > House with Him, Lets Kill the Dragons in Power HAIL DIO,Later Wipy

            The White House has these big dinners occasionally and they invite a
            lot of celebrities, movie and sports stars to attend. The political
            organizers just try and get popular stars of the moment to attend. It
            is an effort to make the President look good. That's all it is and it
            doesn't mean that OZZY is a friend of the President at all. I watched
            the show and I'm sure that it was a big thrill to get to go to the
            White House for the event. Ozzy was happy to do that for sure. But
            a "good friend" with Bush? NOPE! He was just used by the rats to make
            themselves look good to the voters.
            DUMP BUSH!
            "You know you can't ignore when you know the score".~~Lips
            cAtdeli
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 25 6:14 AM
              Ozzy went just to have a snack in the Buffet :)

              Who are you to tell Anvil to adjust their music to your taste, Wipy? You want them to play Black metal, Death metal just to please you? It's the best that I've read on this board...If you don't like Anvil like they are, it's your problem.

              You were listening to some heavy metal years ago and then lately you have switched for Black and Death metal. Listen to the music that you want. It's a free country here, and we accept "gay's pride", all music tastes and also those who doesn't have any taste too. Accepting the others like they are is the best way to evitate the TERRORISM. Ozzy is a terrorist now....? I would be invited and I would go just to look at the restrooms! Who's not curious?

              You judge everybody that doesn't play or listen to the music that you like ......you condamn the gays and all kind of musics that have inspired Hard Rock. If Ozzy is a terrorist, I'm afraid that you're a bit "Dictator".

              Everything is not always like we want. We can't wait that the world adapts itself to us, we must adapt ourselves to the world. To adapt doesn't mean to "FOLLOW", it means to live with it. I accept gays, but I must say that I don't like to have two gays kissing when I'm in a file at the grocery. I live with it! I'm sure Wipy, that you have never watched a porns with some lesbians, ha?? Noooooooooo........hmm......

              Personaly, I wouldn't insult any musician that plays death metal, because that's his taste and I respect it. But it doens't mean that I would like his music, I would buy his album, I would go to one of his shows. Cos I'm free to do what I want. No one is going to tell me what to do or to listen to. You don't like what Anvil does Wipy? I hope that you'll respect the band that this board is about...

              Tange

            • anvilips2000
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 25 9:27 AM
                Hey Wipy, I could get really pissed off with you but I'm way to far
                above doing so, I hate to inform you that just like we've never done
                another Forged in Fire we will never do another Plugged in Permenant
                or Speed of Sound or any another cd. What you are asking is stupid in
                my opinion and doesn't really deserve an
                answer........................--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com,

              • anvilips2000
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 25 9:37 AM
                  my persoal definition of music is something with rythem and melody
                  and death metal and what ever you want to call it to me has niether
                  of these qualities so therefore it's not music. It's more like white
                  noise, or a mack truck driving by........now that's got
                  power...Plenty of Power...lol...lol --- In

                • wipy1999
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 25 5:57 PM
                    YES ozzy is Mister Hoolywood Dio helps out Children DIO Rocks....---

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 26 6:19 AM
                      I'm amazed that you can get the cable in South America. Do you catch
                      Sharon's talk show too???