Back to Basics review

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2004
      I've listened to it twice. Their are some surprises here. I think Lips
      may have gone to the past and listened to some of the unreleased tunes
      from the mid 80s.

      There are 2 slower songs: "Song of Pain" and "Cruel World". I can't
      believe I am saying this but these 2 are my favourite tracks on the
      new CD. "Song of Pain" sound somewhat like the old unreleased song
      "Hard to Hold".

      "Cruel World" is almost a power ballad and sounds much like the
      unreleased "Worlds Apart" (I love that song by the way).

      "Fuel fo the Fire" kicks ass...of course taking lyrics from the old
      unreleased "Taking Control".

      "Bottom Feeder" is very catchy!!!

      I'm not sure if I like the album as much as SGS but it is a close
      call. The only track I don't care for is "The Chainsaw".

      Tony
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2004
        "Song of Pain" and "Cruel World" are still my faves. Excellent songs!
        "Fuel For the Fire" kicks ass!!! Great opener.

        "Can't Catch Me", "Bottom Feeder" and "Keep It Up" are the next best.
        Catchy, fun riffs. Once they get inb your skull they are their to stay.

        I'm liking The Chainsaw now...that and "Fast Driver" are the faster
        tunes on the CD.

        The only song that doesn't do it for me is Go Away. At least as of
        this moment.

        -
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2004
          "Keep it up" in fact is pretty good. I listened first without the titles or lyrics, and I didn't know what was the song about. Catchy, a lot of songs are "catchy" and goooooood!

          :)

        • wipy1999
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 15, 2004
            Please lets hope this New Cd is like Forgeged in Fire,Metal on Metal
            Meets Plugged in Permanent,Backwaxed and Spped of Sound. Sorry the
            last Two Anvil CDs did not have enough balls for Me. I am now jamming
            on TSA Heavy Metal to the World from Poland. Hey also Turbo and
            Behomoth from Poland Kill. Fuck Vader they suck,Later Ya All,WIPY..---

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 15, 2004
              Wipy, it's impossible to make a comparison between this album and all the others. The guitar sound is like I've never heard before in some of the songs. The arrangements are differents, but it sounds so good! There's no category for this album, and that's why I listen to it so often.

              You know a tons of bands, and not only metal bands. It means that you listened to a lot of kind of music. This is an album that you have to listen with your ears, the eyes closed without any "favorite style" to really appreciate. It's music Wipy!..Maybe they'll go in South America with this album, who knows?? :0)

              tange