Bonus or bogus?

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9 10:08 AM
      Hi gang, I left this as a surprise but to be truthful I've never seen
      the footage and quite honestly I don't clearly remember how well we
      played. I remember the first couple of songs being rough because we
      couldn't hear each other, the song Metal on Metal was released on a
      Massacre Digipack for Speed of Sound. The sound quality of that was
      kind of rough so I would expect the same from the rest of the show.
      It is being added as a bonus for these reasons, that is why it's not
      being sold as an all out DVD. We were never given the chance to
      properly mix, edit or master the footage, I believe it was put to
      tape directly as we played, so what ever that sound man did that day
      is what we will hear. All properly produced DVD's are edited and the
      sound is usually recorded in multitrack so it can be mixed carefully
      after the performance. This is the only way to do a real DVD , such
      as Led Zeppelins, or any other live footage.......done by so called
      big bands. Being that we definately aren't big this certainly can't
      hurt sales of the new cd. I hope it's ok, thats all
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9 10:31 AM
        I have a bootleg of the show. I haven't watched it for awhile but as I
        recall you guys put on a good show!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9 12:08 PM
          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I have a bootleg of the show. I haven't watched it for awhile but
          as I
          > recall you guys put on a good show!!
          >
          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > > Hi gang, I left this as a surprise but to be truthful I've never
          seen
          > > the footage and quite honestly I don't clearly remember how well
          we
          > > played. I remember the first couple of songs being rough because
          we
          > > couldn't hear each other,

          Good, if Tony says it was a good show. But, it didn't really matter
          to me: good or not good. I remember when you played on the web at
          SIYF, I couldn't see Anvil and the sound was ... yunno, rough? It was
          a great moment anyway. Anvil's energy "live" is legendary.

          It's an excellent "marketing trap". The fact that a DVD is going to
          be with your new CD will provoke the customer's curiousity. Music's
          stores sell a lot of DVDs, because people are just curious to see
          their favorite artists or bands playing live. Last Christmas, that's
          all I had to buy on my list: DVDs. My sisters, nephews and ... my
          parents (???) wanted a DVD. If someone have to chose between two CD
          and that Back to Basics is a part of this choice: be sure that they
          will chose BTB. It's an excellent way to show how good you are on
          stage. Lips, you're too perfectionist! In the 80's, the sound was so
          loud when you were playing, that people had to go outside. My ears
          were going eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, after your shows. We couldn't
          here you sing! Don't worry for Wacken...

          For Led Zep DVD, it took years and years of work to obtain this
          result and Page put a lot of money on it. I've never thought that
          your DVD would be mastered or just like a "movie". Anvil, "pure and
          simple" is a lot better.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9 12:49 PM
            Tange said: In the 80's, the sound was so
            > loud when you were playing, that people had to go outside. My ears
            > were going eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, after your shows.

            OH yes, I agree,,Ha! The first time I got to see AnViL in '85 my ears
            went "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" for three days straight! Actually,
            they still haven't stopped ringing!

            Long live the loud!
            cAtdeli