Re: Deep Purple

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8 7:44 PM
      Well Wipy, Ian Gillan has stopped to sing with Black Sabbath because
      he realised that Hard Rock and Heavy Metal were two different things.
      Deep Purple will stay forever a name that we'll remember......like
      Led Zeppelin! Find a "metal drummer" that can make Bonham's solo on
      the "early years" DVD. Hard rock is a thing and metal another one.
      The fact is that Metal comes from Hard Rock........and Rock from the
      Blues. No big Music names suck, man...Because they all brought or
      still bring something different to listen to. I saw DP in 1985 with
      Girlschool opening. Let me tell you that "it was not the same". Deep
      Purple was awesome and I was a Girlschool fan. Ian Gillan knows how
      to stand on a stage, but it was fun to see that Ian Paice even didn't
      look at Blackmore :) Metal is good, but "Kings" are "Kings".

      Pretending that DP sucks and bringing Thor on the topic is deeply
      weird. "Thor" has maybe given good shows, but he looks like crap. His
      look is probably inspired from "Bam Bam" (Peeble's friend) in the
      Flintstones.

      We're in 2004, we have to live with our time. Imagine Lips wearing
      like on SoS playing in bars now...Everybody change, and DP changed
      too. Some likes, some dislikes.

      tange