Re: [Academy of Anvil] Deep Purple

  • Jerry Fielden
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2004
      Hear hear Catdeli!

      They might be old, but they sure can play - and they could teach quite a few lessons to a lot of newer bands. :) I've seen them play in 1972, 1985 and 2004 so I know what I've seen and heard - great all 3 times!

      And like the guys from Anvil, they really care about their fans.

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2004
        Sorry VCat Deli I have never saw DP live but I heard a few late 90,s
        bootleg concerts here I bought in Lima including Silly songs like Ted
        The Mechanic.... Correct Me if I am wrong but that was the name of
        one of the songs and it did not sound Metal at all. DP seems like an
        old worn out PoP band now..... Well what else can I say???? Just
        jamming here on some Old Tank. Yeh Weird algy wArd used to be the
        bassist for The Damned. I heard Lemmy almost was the bassist for the
        Damned too,,,, Later Everyone::::: WIPY......--- In
        academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, catdeli <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, wipy1999 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Lips you mean you never saw Deep Purple in the glory days?? Ah
        They
        > > suck now....... They are long finished and very WIMPY now> >
        >
        > Well, I don't know,,,everybody's got their own opinion but how do
        > they suck? Because they are old now and can't play anymore? If
        that's
        > the reason I must strongly disagree! I saw them in the 80's a few
        > times and I did see them on tour 2 years ago from the 2nd row.
        Right

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2004
          Well Wipy, Ian Gillan has stopped to sing with Black Sabbath because
          he realised that Hard Rock and Heavy Metal were two different things.
          Deep Purple will stay forever a name that we'll remember......like
          Led Zeppelin! Find a "metal drummer" that can make Bonham's solo on
          the "early years" DVD. Hard rock is a thing and metal another one.
          The fact is that Metal comes from Hard Rock........and Rock from the
          Blues. No big Music names suck, man...Because they all brought or
          still bring something different to listen to. I saw DP in 1985 with
          Girlschool opening. Let me tell you that "it was not the same". Deep
          Purple was awesome and I was a Girlschool fan. Ian Gillan knows how
          to stand on a stage, but it was fun to see that Ian Paice even didn't
          look at Blackmore :) Metal is good, but "Kings" are "Kings".

          Pretending that DP sucks and bringing Thor on the topic is deeply
          weird. "Thor" has maybe given good shows, but he looks like crap. His
          look is probably inspired from "Bam Bam" (Peeble's friend) in the
          Flintstones.

          We're in 2004, we have to live with our time. Imagine Lips wearing
          like on SoS playing in bars now...Everybody change, and DP changed
          too. Some likes, some dislikes.

          tange