Re: Deep Purple

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2004
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      . Don Airey on keyboards was fantastic, (I'm not surprised)as he
      > played on so many of the great English recordings most people would
      > be shocked to realize.

      Ha! Here's my Don Airy story.
      In the 80's we had many, many concerts here at our Civic Center. Ozzy
      played one time, I think it was "Ultimate Sin" tour or one of those.
      Well, we knew where the bands stayed when they were in town and we'd
      always go there after the show to meet and greet. So Ozzy's band all
      went out to a local club after and partied. We were diligently
      waiting for them to return. We met Jake E. Lee and Tommy Aldridge.
      But it was getting late so we started driving out of the hotels
      parking lot down a long dark road to the highway. We look and along
      the road someone is walking toward the hotel and as we pass him, we
      all do a double take because it's Don Airey! I stopped my car and
      offered him a ride back because it was a long road and he was a bit
      wasted after partying at the club. So he crawled into my backseat and
      we took him to the door. He thanked us for our service and that was
      it. (I never said it was a good story!)
      I was sad to hear that Jon Lord would not tour with Purple any more.
      I had just seen them that summer and it was a blinding show...seeing
      them open with "Highway Star" is always a thrill! BLackmore was a
      real dick to us at first when we tried to meet him but he quickly
      became very nice when he realized we were fans and not jerks.

      In Rock,
      cAt
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2004
        Maybe everybody want to see the original bands, but I doubt it's
        possible. I've just see on TV the Black Sabbath Reunion and I was
        like @_@. Each songs that they played, I was singing...I was looking
        at Butler on bass, and at Bill Ward and then...to all the founding
        members and I was hypnotized by the energy that was in each songs. I
        will rent Aerosmith's one.

        Do you mean that this woman that is the reason why Forged in Fire
        didn't sound like it was supposed to...has been hurted by a DP's
        guitarist? Sequels?? Life is weird sometimes...

        You didn't post your "Passion of Christ" review LIPS, LOL!! Let us
        know!