Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Mad Dog Colin

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2004
      I understood very well about your friendship with Mad Dog. I saw Mad Dog just once in Montreal and he's got a look that showed his honnesty. Anvil is not a band like the others, it's just normal that your fans (included me) are different from the other followers. Maybe I wouldn't be able to tell really "what I think" about an Anvil CD, cos it takes me a long time before to have a real opinion.

      I remember in 1986, you made me hear the demo of Strenth of Steel on a cassette. It was on one of the firsts "boom box" and everybody around was talking pretty loud. I didn't have a real "listening" and I made a bad remark...You looked at me so sad (was it "mad"?)...you looked like if I was beating you! I stayed with that idea that I wasn't qualified to make some remarks, cos I can't play on a FlyingV like you do man, and I can't even do some lipsing on English music because I'm French. Should I criticize your work? Nope.

      If Mad Dog, who's almost your brother, reacts like that...I feel good. Right now the only thing that I can do is what I do the best...I wrote Popoff once, now I'm writing to some "Booking" places in US. I wrote this morning to The Northern Lights in Albany. I give the News, I try to "sale" Anvil and I give your email address. I try, believe me, to avoid the 3rd floors!!! It's fun to release an album, but it's fun also to play and to introduce it in public.

      I will buy your CD, I'm becoming insane to wait like that and to read your post about BTB!! But I just try to give some other metalheads to see you live, because you're so unusual and awesome. I ain't got any doubt about Mad Dog's judgement...but I will never criticize you openly. I'm not able to. At least, I'm frank.

      Tange

    • wipy1999
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2004
        Lips I must have known Mad Dog now for over a good 10 years. My
        oldest contacts that I knew from the Canadian scene was Sacrifice
        since knowing them in 1985 in Chicago. I used to also call up Dave
        and Dave from Razor and Slaughter. I used to call up Glen 5 a lot
        too. Yeh Colin is a great guy but always get on my case for liking
        Extreme Music too. OH well At least Me and Colin hate Crap like this
        New Fake Power Metal out there,Rap and Alternative shit. Hail
        Metal,Yours Trully Wipy. PS SPIT STILL SUCKSSSSSSS.......--- In