Re: Mad Dog Colin

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2004
      Tange, Mad Dog and I have been friends for 30 years, and never, and I
      mean never did he ever say that something is not good! It was the
      strangest reaction I've ever seen from him. That is why I was so
      concerned. To me Colin is the oldest original fan of the band, he has
      been and still remains dedicated to his beliefs that Anvil rule. Robb
      by mistake gave him an unfinished copy of BTB, and trust me when I
      say, it sounds bad!!! Colin was correct in his review about what he
      heard, and in fact was brutally honest, and at the end of the day I
      totally respect him for his honesty. He now has a real copy and
      hasn't stop raving about it. I do expect the critics to carve my
      work, after all that's thier job, to critisize. That I've become
      quite emune to, however when a life long friend tells you something,
      you tend to listen a little more. I make music for people who enjoy
      listening to Anvil, not to people who hate it. The very most
      important thing to me are the devoted fans, and not to lose thier
      interest. That is why we have stayed true to our roots and never
      comprimised to get a hit record, if it happens it won't be because I
      tried to do it, it will be because it was just meant to
      happen,....fate....luck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2004
        I understood very well about your friendship with Mad Dog. I saw Mad Dog just once in Montreal and he's got a look that showed his honnesty. Anvil is not a band like the others, it's just normal that your fans (included me) are different from the other followers. Maybe I wouldn't be able to tell really "what I think" about an Anvil CD, cos it takes me a long time before to have a real opinion.

        I remember in 1986, you made me hear the demo of Strenth of Steel on a cassette. It was on one of the firsts "boom box" and everybody around was talking pretty loud. I didn't have a real "listening" and I made a bad remark...You looked at me so sad (was it "mad"?)...you looked like if I was beating you! I stayed with that idea that I wasn't qualified to make some remarks, cos I can't play on a FlyingV like you do man, and I can't even do some lipsing on English music because I'm French. Should I criticize your work? Nope.

        If Mad Dog, who's almost your brother, reacts like that...I feel good. Right now the only thing that I can do is what I do the best...I wrote Popoff once, now I'm writing to some "Booking" places in US. I wrote this morning to The Northern Lights in Albany. I give the News, I try to "sale" Anvil and I give your email address. I try, believe me, to avoid the 3rd floors!!! It's fun to release an album, but it's fun also to play and to introduce it in public.

        I will buy your CD, I'm becoming insane to wait like that and to read your post about BTB!! But I just try to give some other metalheads to see you live, because you're so unusual and awesome. I ain't got any doubt about Mad Dog's judgement...but I will never criticize you openly. I'm not able to. At least, I'm frank.

        Tange

      • wipy1999
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2004
          Lips I must have known Mad Dog now for over a good 10 years. My
          oldest contacts that I knew from the Canadian scene was Sacrifice
          since knowing them in 1985 in Chicago. I used to also call up Dave
          and Dave from Razor and Slaughter. I used to call up Glen 5 a lot
          too. Yeh Colin is a great guy but always get on my case for liking
          Extreme Music too. OH well At least Me and Colin hate Crap like this
          New Fake Power Metal out there,Rap and Alternative shit. Hail
          Metal,Yours Trully Wipy. PS SPIT STILL SUCKSSSSSSS.......--- In