Re: Mad Dog Colin Brown has changed his mind!!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23 7:06 PM
      I begin to be really curious about this album, man…I've never seen
      you worry about "if people is going to like it". You're a musician
      and I've read what Robb told to Popoff: it's sure that's it's going
      to be excellent!

      But an excellent album is not always "approved" by that funny people
      in the magazines and in the radio stations. They play what is easy
      instead what is "different". They don't want to lose their stupid
      listeners that read some magazine with Vince Neil, Sebastian Back's
      articles in…They are not about "music", they're about image and
      glamour. The best example is Forged in Fire…..you told us how it has
      been received in 1983. Look now how people talk about it. I've never
      heard Jethro Tull, King Crimson or Triumvirat best tunes on a FM
      radio.

      I don't see Anvil like "Motley Crue". You were margins, you are
      margins and I hope you'll stay margins. But, THE DAY that I will hear
      that album (BTB), I will try to figure out which songs could be a hit
      on radio. Sincerely, I hope that I will find any. The ones that are
      going to tell really their mind about the CD are not your friends,
      and it's normal. I am a fan but I wouldn't want to judge or
      to "review" a CD from musicians like you. Who am I? I wouldn't want
      to hurt your pride, either. The ones that really tells their mind are
      the reviewers, unhappily. It doesn't mean they're right, but they
      have the destiny of all Cds in their hands. I like or I dislike, I'm
      a customer. To set a mp3 that people could hear would help when the
      CD is going to be released, because a lot of people listen to the
      radio on the WEB! Massacre's samples don't sound good, and if the
      sound is a + in BTB...a bad sample can introduces it badly.

      I'm going to remove Anvil from the overhear.com, because I deeply
      wish that you will play in Europe or somewhere else (South America
      LOL) than Toronto.

      :*)

      Tange
    • wipy1999
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24 5:19 PM
        Why Anvil will not play in South America because Lips does not
        contact any promters in SA the same with Exciter. Hey Lips Tell Colin
        Maybe I will call him up tommorrow. I know Colin must be older then
        Me and He is like the Macabre guys still living with the folks. Yeh
        Me And My Lady and Baby will move back to live with my parents in
        Chicago later this year. Hey One last question:::: ANY FANS OUT THERE
        WHO LIKE KRAKEN FROM MEDELLIN,Colombia???????????--- In
        academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"