Mad Dog Colin Brown has changed his mind!!!

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2004
      If I tell you this story you won't believe it! If anyone noticed I
      was upset with Colin because he was so sure of his opinion and was
      being stubborn in believing me when I told him it was a bad burn.
      Well the real truth has emerged, I had borrowed the Dee Snider
      suspence thriller Strangeland from Mad Dog and when I returned it to
      him I gave it to Robb to give to Colin along with the new Anvil cd..
      Well as it turns out Robb didn't give him back the Dee Snider movie
      but gave him a burned copy of a rough mix, and not the finished cd!!
      I couldn't understand why Colin was describing our rough mix to me
      and saying it sounded wierd, until last night when Robb gave him back
      the Dee Snider movie with the new cd inside. Colin called me today
      freaking out completely on how amazing the cd is. His exact quote
      was " All the elements that made Anvil known as a great band back on
      Metal on Metal are all there and now it's really up to the record
      companies to do something with this yet another possibly smash hit
      cd" He and I discussed earlier recordings that were completely
      overlooked by radio and media alike and both agree the songs and band
      have been there but unfortunately the record company promotional
      departments have been asleep at the wheel or just plain stupid. One
      such song was Wild Eyes, originally recorded by the Canadian band
      The Stampeders and was a big hit single for them in the 60's, yet
      Anvil's version only got radio play on CHEZFM in the Ottawa- Hull
      area. If you think about it it doesn't really make any sence at all,
      the original song was a hit and done by a Canadian band so why didn't
      radio stations want to play it? The sound of the song was updated and
      had a Anvil feel applied to it simular to Forged in Fire, which is
      one of Anvil's best known songs, so why didn't it work? What about
      Mad Dog, and the video? why didn't that work? What about the song
      Where does all the money Go, if Motley Crue recorded it , it would
      have been fine as a single, believe it or not it got radio play on
      Zrock in the USA, did it sell any record? Ask Metal Blade, but don't
      expect any firm answers other than we owe Anvil money. So after all
      is said and done, I say it doesn't matter if it's a big seller or
      small, if I enjoyed writing and recording it , it was a complete
      success.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2004
        I begin to be really curious about this album, man…I've never seen
        you worry about "if people is going to like it". You're a musician
        and I've read what Robb told to Popoff: it's sure that's it's going
        to be excellent!

        But an excellent album is not always "approved" by that funny people
        in the magazines and in the radio stations. They play what is easy
        instead what is "different". They don't want to lose their stupid
        listeners that read some magazine with Vince Neil, Sebastian Back's
        articles in…They are not about "music", they're about image and
        glamour. The best example is Forged in Fire…..you told us how it has
        been received in 1983. Look now how people talk about it. I've never
        heard Jethro Tull, King Crimson or Triumvirat best tunes on a FM
        radio.

        I don't see Anvil like "Motley Crue". You were margins, you are
        margins and I hope you'll stay margins. But, THE DAY that I will hear
        that album (BTB), I will try to figure out which songs could be a hit
        on radio. Sincerely, I hope that I will find any. The ones that are
        going to tell really their mind about the CD are not your friends,
        and it's normal. I am a fan but I wouldn't want to judge or
        to "review" a CD from musicians like you. Who am I? I wouldn't want
        to hurt your pride, either. The ones that really tells their mind are
        the reviewers, unhappily. It doesn't mean they're right, but they
        have the destiny of all Cds in their hands. I like or I dislike, I'm
        a customer. To set a mp3 that people could hear would help when the
        CD is going to be released, because a lot of people listen to the
        radio on the WEB! Massacre's samples don't sound good, and if the
        sound is a + in BTB...a bad sample can introduces it badly.

        I'm going to remove Anvil from the overhear.com, because I deeply
        wish that you will play in Europe or somewhere else (South America
        LOL) than Toronto.

        :*)

        Tange
      • wipy1999
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2004
          Why Anvil will not play in South America because Lips does not
          contact any promters in SA the same with Exciter. Hey Lips Tell Colin
          Maybe I will call him up tommorrow. I know Colin must be older then
          Me and He is like the Macabre guys still living with the folks. Yeh
          Me And My Lady and Baby will move back to live with my parents in
          Chicago later this year. Hey One last question:::: ANY FANS OUT THERE
          WHO LIKE KRAKEN FROM MEDELLIN,Colombia???????????--- In
          academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"