Heads or Tails

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2004
      Heads or Tails is confirmed for March 27th, hope to see some of you
      there.......
    • thehelion
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
        Well. I can tell you that after seeing Anvil too many I was expecting
        just another Anvil show (which is always great). I can also tell you
        that this was unlike most Anvil shows in the past years. With the
        exception of maybe the show at the El Mocombo for the Plenty of Power
        show this one was a different night. A jammed packed club that was
        totally energized by the band, and the band fed off the crowd as well
        made it a great night. The band sounded as good as ever as we've all
        come to expect and the new songs that they played "Fuel for the
        Fire", "Bottom Feeder" and "The Chainsaw" sounded great. I would have
        to say that "Bottom Feeder" reminds me of "Concrete Jungle" in the
        way that it really comes off way better live than on the cd. That's
        kind of hard to do since "Bottom Feeder" is also my fave on the cd
        but live it was like magic. On the other end I think that maybe a
        different song could've replaced "The Chainsaw". I don't think it
        captured the crowd the way the other new songs did. By the end of the
        night you could tell that with a still packed bar that the band
        didn't want to end the show and neither did the crowd. Lips
        introduced "Metal on Metal" as the last song but once it finished an
        encore was in order. The band came back and did a prolonged version
        of "Mothra". That brings me to my last point of the night. I honestly
        thought that putting Mothra to rest would be a good idea since
        there's not too many of us that hasn't seen that song live quite a
        few times, BUT, after seeing Mothra on Saturday night as the last
        song and having everyone feed off it, I would have to say "keep
        Mothra forever". Mothra was one of the highlights of the show for
        sure.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
          Fun! A packed place for Anvil, that's what they needed...They have spent a long time quiet and a good contact with a crowd is always great. "The Chainsaw" could be replaced by Fast Driver, but it's not to me to decide. I sincerely wish to see Anvil again...

          Mothra is really my favorite of all songs from Anvil. I remember the first time I heard it at Cabaret Royal in Beauport. It was the first show with "Anvil" as a name in 1981. It was a small bar and I think that the story: "In a land of Japaaaaaaaan...a monster..." (yunno) wasn't a part of the song. I've wanted many times to go to see Lips, Robb or Ian to tell them that they were my favorite band, but in 1981 I wasn't the type of girl that they preferred to have around. I was always in motorcycle with a helmet, with a leather coat and cowboy boots. My hair was always a mess, I didn't wear any make up (try to have a make up and take a ride in Motorcycle, for fun). I was looking like Terminator. LOL...

          When the "Ladys" were refreshing themselves with some lipsticks and perfumes (pwah!) in the restrooms, I was beside them checking if I had a bumble bee or another bird poopie splashed in my neck!!

          Mothra is just ....... SUPREME!! Thank you Jeff for the post!

          tange