Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re:SGS

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2004
      It's amazing that SGS has been rated so well by the reviewers, when you pretend that's it's not well remastered. It proves one thing: you were right about the album's reviews. Or the reviewers really don't have the time to really listen to all the cds that they have to criticize...or they are not made to do this job.

      I don't know how you and Robb have remastered SGS, but I have an excellent software to make mp3's from a Cd and I've never been able to make a "normal one" with SGS. I wanted "Race Against Time" on the Anvil Metal Pounder fansite and it was so weird to hear: "Anvil lost in space!" A mp3 is a compressed file and if you have touched the bass or the treble in a exagerate way, maybe it has discreased the quality of the recording.

      "Plenty of Power" : who remastered it? Because, it gives an excellent sound even it is a mp3. I think that Pierre Remillard is probably the guy who know the best about these things, and the price that he will charge you: "You got nothing for nothing". Go for the quality.

      Tange :0)

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2004
        > If nothing else it gives an edge to our new lable to have a slightly
        > different version to sell....to Tony!!!!!

        YES...TO ME!!!!

        2 copies please!!!
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 17, 2004
          OK, I think it is about time to post some pictures of the new Tony
          Gallo Museum Of AnViL Memorabilia. It must be your entire cellar full
          of things by now. Do you also collect other bands? I have a room in
          my cellar full of my stuff...LP's, cassettes, 8 tracks, magazines,
          posters, clippings, shirts,,,the whole kit! There's not a woman that
          could make me part with my stuff...grrrrrr!!!!! Ha!

          Catdeli
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 17, 2004
            It's mostly made up of CDs, LPs, cassettes, shirts, bootlegs and
            magazines. I do have some pictures on my "collection page". I was
            running low on room while living with my parents. I now own a 3
            bedroon house. One bedroom is the computer room/Anvil collection room.

            I don't collect any other bands. I can't be bothered.