Re: Back To Basics.....Hmmm

  • thehelion
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2004
      Tange "Concrete Jungle" is one of my faves too. It was always a great
      song live as well. The song that really sounded better live than on
      the cd was "Cutloose". That song sounded much heavier and great live.-
      -- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "@ T @" <tangelaine2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > It's so nice to read your opinion...because I don't like Speed
      Metal. I tried, but an hour a week is the most that I can take.

      > You're absolutely right about the fact that the Anvil's fans got
      their own preferences about the albums. I like songs that are not
      really "recognized" by some fans. "Concrete Jungle" is one of them. A
      song that can makes me imagine a situation even I don't understand a
      word (in 1988 I didn't speak a word in English) is going to please me.

      > "Concrete Jungle" would be a perfect song to introduce a police TV
      series (like NYPD Blue). When the music inspires images or situations
      in my mind, I think it's a very good song. With Speed Metal, I don't
      even have the time to get some "thoughts". Maybe a year ago, I've
      read Concrete Jungle's lyrics on Tony's site and the lyrics were
      fitting with what the music inspired in me. Great...If there's a lot
      of melodies, for sure I will love this CD!

      > The reviewers are going to fall on their asses! I can't wait to
      hear BTB and to read the stupids things that those "experts" are
      going to write about it!.