Maiden - Arch Ennemy

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2004
      We had a show last night in Quebec City (Nope, I wasn't there) but I had a email late at nite for a friend and Maiden gave a very good performance (for an Iron Maiden's fan I wasn't expecting another opinion). But it seems that Arch Ennemy sounds weird, even it's death metal. A woman with a guttural voice singing "the metal of death", longhaired & blond, red shirt with a big finger (f*** Y**) printed on it created a kind of contrast visual/sound. It's a Swedish band. Wendy O had a look and a voice to sing black metal (the life style too...), but in his email my friend Tom told me that she was too pretty to sing that kind of music.

      Maiden stays Maiden, with 3 guitarists. I heard some mp3s on their site months ago and it was enough to not spend 55$ (including taxes) to see a "déjà vu".

      tange