    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2003
      > Well I don't know what was wrong with Lips the day that he answered
      > to these questions and I don't want to know! He's got the right to
      > have his own moods and I respect that. I've never heard Lips telling
      > that he "hated" something...
      >
      > STEVE: Did you play or do you play ice hockey? Which is your NHL
      > fave?
      > LIPS: I hate hockey.

      I hate hockey too.
      Actually Lips' wife teases him for writing a song about hockey even
      though he hates it.
      Brian Slagel (owner of Metal Blade Records) is a huge hockey fan. I I
      heard that since Anvil was on Metal Blade at the time, Lips wrote it
      for him.

      > STEVE: What you will make when ANVIL will not exist more?
      > LIPS: I will become a decomposer or a florist and push up flowers
      > from my grave.

      He's saying Anvil will exist until he dies.

      > STEVE: Have you ever thought to leave everything?
      > LIPS: Yes but there is nowhere to run.

      He's saying that making music is all he can do. It what he is all about.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 2003
        Thanks for the interpretations, Tony. The meanings of these answers
        at first went right over my head. They did appear to be bored,
        sarcastic answers. And I speak English as my first language. Imagine
        some Italian(or French?) speaking people reading it! They will maybe
        think that Lips was depressed. It's tuff to only be able to read
        words on a page because the true meaning is easily lost without the
        necessary vocal inflections and seeing the looks on the face of the
        speaker. The one sentence answers made it look like Lips was bored to
        answer, as Tange noted. Taken as a whole though, the interview has a
        flow to it and the answers are not really too bad. They just need a
        little bit of elaboration by Lips to avoid these misunderstandings by
        readers. And also perhaps some answers were edited down by the
        publisher. We don't know if this happened either.

        Bye!
        cAtdeli(who LOVES hockey!)
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 28, 2003
          Thank you Tony, I didn't know all that.

          Tange

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 28, 2003
            If I tell you all that I hate hockey, you would say: "It's normal, she's a woman". But if I elaborate and tell you why I hate hockey, you won't think the same at all. I'm from a hockey players family, and unhappily my nephew is in the Junior league and is a hope for NHL. It's a tradition... I have 2 sisters and I'm in the middle.

            My father wanted a "boy" as a second child, and decided as I was very young that I would play hockey anyway...I had short hair until 8 years old and my skates were some boy's skates with a white shoe's stuff on it. I skated like a boy and my nickname at school was "Tom boy". There were no "girl's teams" in 1969. I liked the sport, but I didn't like to be a part of the other kids.

            Every damn party that we had during the holidays, the men were yelling (swearing) if a hockey game was on TV. My Uncles became monsters just because of a puck...When the holidays were finished, I was so shy to return to school because in January & February the weekly sport was to skate outside on Friday afternoon. I've been insulted in a cruel language and I cried often, but it was so cold that my tears stayed icy on my cheeks. They were fuckin lucky that I didn't have my PMS at this time! Hey.....

            But when I say that I hate hockey, believe me....I really hate it. But now, you all know that it's not only because I'm a woman.

            At 10, I was longhaired and at 11 years old, I was going out with a musician. I LOVE music! It's a chance that it exists. Each song can remind me a part of my life, a melody can make me travel in time. It must be great to play music...instead playin hockey! I prefer thinking about what I like instead what I hate.

            tange