Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Nektar Budgie Camel

Expand Messages
  • wipy1999
    When will Budgie play South America??? Will Anvil make it to Brazil in 2004 or 2005????--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, catdeli ... when? ... for ... the
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      When will Budgie play South America??? Will Anvil make it to Brazil
      in 2004 or 2005????--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, catdeli
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I'm pissed that I never got to see Budgie, dammit!!!
      > I know that they have toured over here in the states before but
      when?
      > I think they used to do a show or two in Texas each year recently
      for
      > some reason. All their stuff is great and when they came back in
      the
      > 80's with Power Supply it was a great return but then they really
      got
      > too keyboardy-commercial for my taste after that.
      > Camel I saw open for BOC in NYC for their first LP, Mirage. That
      was
      > a good band and seeing them made me a fan. I bought most of their
      > albums, too.
      > Nektar I know I saw a couple times, one memorable show opening for
      > BeBop Deluxe in '76 and they had the whole trippy lightshow thing
      > going on. "Magic Is A Child" was my favorite of theirs and I always
      > play the first song on there near Xmas because the opening has a
      > total Xmas mood to it.
      > Next week MSG is playing within driving distance here and I MUST
      go!
      > It has beeen too long since my last dose of SCHENKER live.
      >
      > carry on,
      > catdeli
    • @ T @
      I think that the most important for now, it s that they finish to record their albums and that Henderson give them an article in Bw&Bk when it will be release.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        I think that the most important for now, it's that they finish to record their albums and that Henderson give them an article in Bw&Bk when it will be release. Without any promotion, forget South America, Europe and Brazil.

        wipy1999 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When will Budgie play South America??? Will Anvil make it to Brazil
        in 2004 or 2005????--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, catdeli
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I'm pissed that I never got to see Budgie, dammit!!!
        > I know that they have toured over here in the states before but
        when?
        > I think they used to do a show or two in Texas each year recently
        for
        > some reason. All their stuff is great and when they came back in
        the
        > 80's with Power Supply it was a great return but then they really
        got
        > too keyboardy-commercial for my taste after that.
        > Camel I saw open for BOC in NYC for their first LP, Mirage. That
        was
        > a good band and seeing them made me a fan. I bought most of their
        > albums, too.
        > Nektar I know I saw a couple times, one memorable show opening for
        > BeBop Deluxe in '76 and they had the whole trippy lightshow thing
        > going on. "Magic Is A Child" was my favorite of theirs and I always
        > play the first song on there near Xmas because the opening has a
        > total Xmas mood to it.
        > Next week MSG is playing within driving distance here and I MUST
        go!
        > It has beeen too long since my last dose of SCHENKER live.
        >
        > carry on,
        > catdeli


        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cb1c09b/M=266849.4205059.5406854.3959228/D=egroupweb/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1070557446/A=1878653/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://enrique.launch.yahoo.com"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/la/launch/111903_LREC_AC_enrique_legal.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cb1c09b/M=266849.4205059.5406854.3959228/D=egroupweb/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1070557446/A=1878653/R=1/id=altimgurl/*http://enrique.launch.yahoo.com"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/la/launch/111903_LREC_AC_enrique_legal.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;
        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        academyofanvil-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.




        T

        tangelaine2000@...



        ---------------------------------
        Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ? Yahoo! Magasinage.


        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • wipy1999
        I still Can Not figure out this whole Tim Henderson deal?????-- In ... record their albums and that Henderson give them an article in Bw&Bk when it will be
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
        • 0 Attachment
          I still Can Not figure out this whole Tim Henderson deal?????-- In
          academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "@ T @" <tangelaine2000@y...> wrote:
          > I think that the most important for now, it's that they finish to
          record their albums and that Henderson give them an article in Bw&Bk
          when it will be release. Without any promotion, forget South America,
          Europe and Brazil.
          >
          > wipy1999 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When will Budgie play
          South America??? Will Anvil make it to Brazil
          > in 2004 or 2005????--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, catdeli
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > I'm pissed that I never got to see Budgie, dammit!!!
          > > I know that they have toured over here in the states before but
          > when?
          > > I think they used to do a show or two in Texas each year recently
          > for
          > > some reason. All their stuff is great and when they came back in
          > the
          > > 80's with Power Supply it was a great return but then they really
          > got
          > > too keyboardy-commercial for my taste after that.
          > > Camel I saw open for BOC in NYC for their first LP, Mirage. That
          > was
          > > a good band and seeing them made me a fan. I bought most of their
          > > albums, too.
          > > Nektar I know I saw a couple times, one memorable show opening
          for
          > > BeBop Deluxe in '76 and they had the whole trippy lightshow thing
          > > going on. "Magic Is A Child" was my favorite of theirs and I
          always
          > > play the first song on there near Xmas because the opening has a
          > > total Xmas mood to it.
          > > Next week MSG is playing within driving distance here and I MUST
          > go!
          > > It has beeen too long since my last dose of SCHENKER live.
          > >
          > > carry on,
          > > catdeli
          >
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          > var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1]
          = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cb1c09b/M=266849.4205059.5406854.3959228/
          D=egroupweb/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1070557446/A=1878653/R=0/id=flashurl/*
          http://enrique.launch.yahoo.com"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow
          (1)"; var lrec_flashfile
          = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/la/launch/111903_LREC_AC_enrique_legal.swf?
          clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL
          = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cb1c09b/M=266849.4205059.5406854.3959228/
          D=egroupweb/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1070557446/A=1878653/R=1/id=altimgurl/
          *http://enrique.launch.yahoo.com"; var lrec_altimg
          = "http://us.yimg.com/a/la/launch/111903_LREC_AC_enrique_legal.gif";
          var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;
          > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          > academyofanvil-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >
          >
          >
          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          Service.
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > T
          >
          > tangelaine2000@y...
          >
          >
          >
          > ---------------------------------
          > Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ? Yahoo! Magasinage.
          >
          >
          > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Elaine
          There s no deal and it s just too bad. Henderson takes care of a magazine Bw&Bk and if I m not wrong this magazine belongs to the owner of all CD s stores
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
          • 0 Attachment
            There's no deal and it's just too bad. Henderson takes care of a
            magazine "Bw&Bk" and if I'm not wrong this magazine belongs to the
            owner of all CD's stores HMV (biggest in Canada). I've never found an
            Anvil's album in one of those stores. Maybe HnH, MoM, and FiF when
            Attic has been sold. However, "MUSIC WORLD" sells 24.99 "Still going
            Strong" with a sticker on it: IMPORT. We all know that Anvil makes
            business with Massacre. Which kid will buy a CD at this price + the
            taxes?

            If Henderson would stop to publish his stupid stuff about Sharon
            Ozbourne and Glen Hugues (they are not Canadians) and would plan an
            article for Anvil it would help them in many ways. They show "RuSh"
            on the cover cos it sells well! Probably that with a North American
            label, the CD wouldn't be an "IMPORT" that costs 24.99 + taxes. They
            would probably get many gigs and...then, maybe they would find the
            time to go on some South American beaches. It's a weel that
            turns...unhappily.

            nite!



            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, wipy1999 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I still Can Not figure out this whole Tim Henderson deal???
          • tgalloca
            Tim works for HMV...he owns BW&BK..HMV does not. From the same interview: What is the connection between the magazine and the HMV chain? More specifically
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
            • 0 Attachment
              Tim works for HMV...he owns BW&BK..HMV does not.


              From the same interview:

              "What is the connection between the magazine and the HMV chain? More
              specifically have you been subsidized by them?"

              TIM: The connection is the fact that I am the metal guy who works
              there. HMV helps with the distribution. I don't want to discredit HMV.
              I have had many mentors there, but the reason I have kept some HMV
              contact information in there is to help us sell the magazine. On the
              other hand people at other record chains have viewed the magazine as
              belonging to HMV which is the biggest fucking farce because my head
              office has nothing to do with it. It's something you would think they
              could run with, it's the biggest selling magazine across the country
              there, but in a marketing sense we don't work together. It's partly my
              fault because I am not knocking on doors, but they certainly are not
              knocking on mine.


              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>
              wrote:
              > There's no deal and it's just too bad. Henderson takes care of a
              > magazine "Bw&Bk" and if I'm not wrong this magazine belongs to the
              > owner of all CD's stores HMV (biggest in Canada).
            • glabrek
              ... an ... going ... They ... Hey, I m interested in the Glenn Hughes stories...The guy is a legend in the rock/hard rock style and he s interesting to read
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>
                wrote:
                > There's no deal and it's just too bad. Henderson takes care of a
                > magazine "Bw&Bk" and if I'm not wrong this magazine belongs to the
                > owner of all CD's stores HMV (biggest in Canada). I've never found
                an
                > Anvil's album in one of those stores. Maybe HnH, MoM, and FiF when
                > Attic has been sold. However, "MUSIC WORLD" sells 24.99 "Still
                going
                > Strong" with a sticker on it: IMPORT. We all know that Anvil makes
                > business with Massacre. Which kid will buy a CD at this price + the
                > taxes?
                >
                > If Henderson would stop to publish his stupid stuff about Sharon
                > Ozbourne and Glen Hugues (they are not Canadians) and would plan an
                > article for Anvil it would help them in many ways. They show "RuSh"
                > on the cover cos it sells well! Probably that with a North American
                > label, the CD wouldn't be an "IMPORT" that costs 24.99 + taxes.
                They
                > would probably get many gigs and...then, maybe they would find the
                > time to go on some South American beaches. It's a weel that
                > turns...unhappily.
                >
                > nite!

                Hey, I'm interested in the Glenn Hughes stories...The guy is a legend
                in the rock/hard rock style and he's interesting to read about IMO.
                I agree that BW&BK should talk more about Anvil, but if they only
                relied on Canadian metal bands, the mag would be dead for long...How
                many good real Canadian metal bands are remaining? Anvil, Hanker,
                Voivod...

                BTW, I'd also like Anvil to get a Canadian record deal, but let it be
                known that for me HMV are thieves that sell most of the metal CDs,
                even the domestic copies, at about $24 or $25 CAN (+ taxes). Sure,
                when a CD is just being released, they sell it about $17 or $18, but
                as soon as it gets a bit older, the "normal" price of $23 or $24 or
                $25 appear...That's why I buy all my stuff from online mail-order
                stores like Then End Records, who sell around $12 to $14 US, with
                only $1 for shipping, making me pay my brand new CDs for about $17 to
                $20 CAN, all inclueded. I also buy some on Ebay, at great prices
                most of the times.

                Guillaume
              • Elaine
                It s not because I don t like what Glen Hugues does now musically that BW is going to change their ways. The Rolling Stone Magazine is not interesting
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
                • 0 Attachment
                  It's not because I don't like what Glen Hugues does now musically
                  that BW is going to change their ways. The "Rolling Stone Magazine"
                  is not interesting anymore, the half of it is full of adds and is
                  about Christina "Laguedouna" or "M&N". We don't have a big choice
                  with the rock magazines like before. The ones that stayed got the
                  power.

                  Record Stores: they're thiefs and you're unhappily right. The
                  recording companies cry about the CD's copies and the mp3's traffic
                  on the net. The last Anvil's album that I bought was Past and Present
                  (vinyl): I paid what? $13.99..."Worth the Weight" (CD): I paid
                  $22.99. The CD changed the sound of all the recordings. The needle on
                  a turn table (sorry if it's not the right word -- I don't know it)
                  doesn't read the music like a laser on a metallic disc. The sound is
                  clearer and the bass doesn't increase the songs like on a vinyl...A
                  CD compared to a vinyl can actually hold more information so they say
                  it sounds fuller and more natural. In fact, they sell us crap for at
                  a bigger price.

                  It helped me to understand why in 1983 "Forged in Fire" has not been
                  well quoted by the reviewers. The LP was recorded to sound like a CD,
                  and people wasn't used to it at this period. Now, weirdly FiF is the
                  album that everyone associates to Anvil . Probably because the sound
                  is more familiar now. How much cost a LP now when you order
                  one...Tony? I guess it's expensive too. They thought about
                  collectors...hey! It makes me feel old when I remember that I bought
                  Black Sabbath "Sabbath bloody Sabbath" for $7.99, it sounds like when
                  my mother tells me that she bought butter for 50 cents.
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.