Harlequin and Wrabbit????

  • wipy1999
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hey Wips Here going to Venezuelaearly next year for a few weeks. This
      one band Hard RockMetalsince the late 70s from Venezuela Arkangel has
      played in Venezuelawith thoseTwo Canadian Hard Rock Acts... How do
      those bands sound like????? Do they still Exist?????? Some infoon
      this PLEASE,,,,,,WIPY......

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
          Wrabbit had former Max Webster drummer Gary McCracken playing for them in the early 80s. That's all I know :)
          As for Harlequin, my band shared a rehearsal hall for a while with them in Toronto, also in the 80s. They were kind of typical AOR 80s pop metal, from what I remember them sounding like. One day, they took off with my Les Paul by mistake. They did give it back to me, not without a bit of searching and frantic panicking by yours truly :) That was the end of that rehearsal space sharing arrangement.

          Jerry

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
            Just a Les Paul? Come on Slug...LOL

            Jerry Fielden <jerryfie@...> wrote:Wrabbit had former Max Webster drummer Gary McCracken playing for them in the early 80s. That's all I know :)
            As for Harlequin, my band shared a rehearsal hall for a while with them in Toronto, also in the 80s. They were kind of typical AOR 80s pop metal, from what I remember them sounding like. One day, they took off with my Les Paul by mistake. They did give it back to me, not without a bit of searching and frantic panicking by yours truly :) That was the end of that rehearsal space sharing arrangement.

            Jerry
            Wrabbit? Harlequin? Late 70's...I don't remember these bands. Maybe Catdeli. Venezuela.....sun and fruits. This morning here, we have 4 inches of snow and it still falling. The worst: I love it and in January I won't be able to stand it. "Oh Canadaaaaaaa"...

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • thehelion
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
              Wrabbit also had John Albani from Lee Aaron in it. Much of Lee's
              first release was a basic rip off of Wrabbit and there was no hiding
              it. Not bad but very lame.

              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Fielden"
              <jerryfie@h...> wrote:
              > Wrabbit had former Max Webster drummer Gary McCracken playing for
              them in the early 80s. That's all I know :)
              > As for Harlequin, my band shared a rehearsal hall for a while with
              them in Toronto, also in the 80s. They were kind of typical AOR 80s
              pop metal, from what I remember them sounding like. One day, they
              took off with my Les Paul by mistake. They did give it back to me,
              not without a bit of searching and frantic panicking by yours
              truly :) That was the end of that rehearsal space sharing arrangement.

              > Jerry

            • Heavymetalhead.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
                Here's some info I managed to dredge up:

                WRABIT:
                http://www.canadianbands.com/Wrabit_CDs.html
                http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicPopEncycloPagesW/wrabit.html
                http://www.canadianbands.com/Wrabit.html

                HARLEQUIN:
                http://www.canadianbands.com/Harlequin_CDs.html
                http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicPopEncycloPagesH/harlequin.html
                http://www.canadianbands.com/Harlequin.html

                ICQ/UIN: 131855064 ~~ AIM/MSN/Yahoo! Mssngr: heavymetalhead73
                http://profiles.yahoo.com/heavymetalhead_com/
                http://members.msn.com/heavymetalhead73@...

                http://www.intoeternity.com/ ~~ WATCH FOR 'BURIED IN OBLIVION' IN 2004!
                MY HOMEPAGE: ~~~~ opening soon!!! ~~~~ http://www.heavymetalhead.com/
              • wipy1999
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2003
                  Yeh Great info on those two bands... I will try to do a search now
                  on Arkangels website and What they mentioned on what bands they
                  played with But those two Canadian Bands did manage to do some shows
                  in Venezuela with Arkangel probably early 80s or Mid 80s
                  shows,,,WIPY...--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com,

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2003
                    Great info on those two bands. I will try to post arkangels website
                    here. I think the Two Canadian bands played with Arkangel in the
                    early 80,s in Venezuela,,WIPY... --- In