quote from Tim Henderson

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28, 2003
      "I know that Lips of Anvil is not very happy with me, but I am not
      happy with any band that is in my backyard that doesn't feed us
      information. We've earned a lot of respect around the world and we can
      spread the world. It bewilders me when bands are based here and I
      don't hear about records coming out. Invite us into the studio buddy.
      We'll do a studio report! Then people around the world ask 'Brave
      Words is from Toronto? And Anvil is from Toronto? Then why the fuck
      isn't there an Anvil story?' If I were an outsider, I would think that
      would look really silly. That pisses me off. I don't want to make the
      point that I am the end all and be all, but I think that I am a valid
      product. At the end of the day there are only so few magazines in
      North America and there are so few web sites that make sense. So when
      I see bands not feed us then it makes me think. As a fan it's
      heart-breaking. The guys from Tchort, I have no idea what they are
      doing. Harem Scarem is the same. We really mean business and I think
      we can help these bands."

      C'mon Lips get in touch with him. It's about time you guys had an
      article in BW&BK.
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2003
        Did you write to this guy? Is it something that you found on the web..?

        Whatever it is, I agree that maybe Lips could stop to pout. But, we don't really know the whole story. Lips is a "Pieces" (like my mother, my younger sister, my best friend and my boyfriend). If I refer to their actings, I can imagine that Lips can be very patient with an unpleasant person and suddenly when he had enough: it's over for GOOD or for VERY LONG. It's maybe not the person that you quoted that he's not happy with, but with BW&BK "through the years".

        But as "Back to Basics" is going to be released, my opinion is the same that yours. It could bring ONLY lot of good things. Lips could make an little effort to get in touch with this man. When the guy is Tim Henderson, well...It wouldn't be "getting on his knees", but to be wise.

        Tange

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2003
          I found on interview with Tim on the web. I knew Lips was pissed at
          him. He told me that himslef on a couple of occasions.

          The upcoming new album was mentioned in a recent issue of BW&BK but
          that was only because I emailed them with the info. I will keep
          supplying them with info but I'd like to see a full article someday.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 29, 2003
            Maybe I can supply for an article too...And if you post the email address, well maybe some other readers will. Thank you for Voivod, because we didn't hear about them in QC after "Astronomy Domine". When Jason joined them, ooops! They were back... I don't know why they published an old interview (1986) on their site.

            :)

            tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            I found on interview with Tim on the web. I knew Lips was pissed at
            him. He told me that himslef on a couple of occasions.

            The upcoming new album was mentioned in a recent issue of BW&BK but
            that was only because I emailed them with the info. I will keep
            supplying them with info but I'd like to see a full article someday.

            > Did you write to this guy? Is it something that you found on the web..?

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • glabrek
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 29, 2003
              > Maybe I can supply for an article too...And if you post the email
              address, well maybe some other readers will. Thank you for Voivod,
              because we didn't hear about them in QC after "Astronomy Domine".
              When Jason joined them, ooops! They were back... I don't know why
              they published an old interview (1986) on their site.

              I think that Angel Rat (1991) and The Outer Limits (1993) are 2 of
              Voivod's best albums. I never cared for the stuff with the growly
              vox of Forrest. As for the new one, well, it's good, but left me
              kinda disappointed. I think Snake's vox is not as good as it was 10
              years ago, but as a long time fan, I'm happy they got Newsted on bass
              and receive more publicity and recognition now. They deserve it
              IMO. I've seen them live more than 10 times since 1984 and they
              always deliver live (well, the 2 shows of 2002 opening for Dio in
              Quebec City and Montreal were not too great, but the shitty sound
              they got then was the main culprit, and the fact that they didn't
              have their own bassist back then didn't help, the guy from Groovy
              Aardvark was OK as a replacement, but was no Blackie, nor no
              Newsted...).

              And yes, Lips need to talk to Tim Henderson soon. BW&BK is a great
              mag and Anvil NEEDS that exposure. We have to get an Anvil story for
              the new album.

              Guillaume
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 29, 2003
                I wrote to Henderson: I wrote very seriously and I asked him with a "PLEASE" in uppercase, jeez! I copied the list of the bands that Anvil influenced with it! About asking Lips to contact him, I don't want to be involved in that :) I'm not going to tell Lips Kudlow "do this or do that"...Whoooo!

                Thanks Guillaume for Voivod. But I don't like them more than before.

                Now, let's write to Mr. Tim Henderson and Monday morning he will have a big "Anvil bad trip" in his inbox. metaltim@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 29, 2003
                  --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "glabrek" <glabrek@v...> wrote:
                  the guy from Groovy
                  > Aardvark was OK as a replacement,

                  GROOVY AARDVARK?
                  I never heard of THEM but it's the best band name since the beginning
                  of time. I suddenly have a strong urge to smoke hash....... ;^D
                  Haven't gotten the latest Voivod yet. Outer Limits 3D cover is pretty
                  cool.
                  catdeli
                • xcygnusxyyzx
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
                    --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "glabrek" <glabrek@v...> wrote:
                    > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "@ T @"
                    <tangelaine2000@y...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > Maybe I can supply for an article too...And if you post the email
                    > address, well maybe some other readers will. Thank you for Voivod,
                    > because we didn't hear about them in QC after "Astronomy Domine".
                    > When Jason joined them, ooops! They were back... I don't know why
                    > they published an old interview (1986) on their site.
                    >

                    > I think that Angel Rat (1991) and The Outer Limits (1993) are 2 of
                    > Voivod's best albums. I never cared for the stuff with the growly
                    > vox of Forrest. As for the new one, well, it's good, but left me
                    > kinda disappointed. I think Snake's vox is not as good as it was
                    10
                    > years ago, but as a long time fan, I'm happy they got Newsted on
                    bass
                    > and receive more publicity and recognition now. They deserve it
                    > IMO. I've seen them live more than 10 times since 1984 and they
                    > always deliver live (well, the 2 shows of 2002 opening for Dio in
                    > Quebec City and Montreal were not too great, but the shitty sound
                    > they got then was the main culprit, and the fact that they didn't
                    > have their own bassist back then didn't help, the guy from Groovy
                    > Aardvark was OK as a replacement, but was no Blackie, nor no
                    > Newsted...).
                    >
                    > And yes, Lips need to talk to Tim Henderson soon. BW&BK is a great
                    > mag and Anvil NEEDS that exposure. We have to get an Anvil story
                    for
                    > the new album.
                    >
                    > Guillaume

                    If ANVIL dont get any Coverage in that Magazine for their new Album I
                    think ill go insane, Imagine a Canadian Metal Magazine not printing
                    an Article or A Front Page COVER story on Canadas Greatest and Most
                    influencial Metal Band.
                    That is very depressing in My opinion, If only Someone Could afford
                    to Throw one of the NEw anvil Tracks on KNUCKLETRACKS volume
                    Whatever.That would Rule.
                    Well Later guys.
                    Looking forward to the New album,
                    Danvil