Volcano??

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2003
      I don't know who is "Volcano", I found that on the web. He looks japanese...

      <http://www.intromental.com/webzine/interviews/volcano.html>

      It's an interview:

      The production is very heavy, and although the music is definitely very 80's, I think the sound of the album is much more modern.

      "I tried to embody the sounds of current melodic death metal, but my personal roots originate from the 80's metal scene, so in a way, I feel like I have failed! But any ways, RIOT, ANVIL, THE RODS, METAL CHURCH and a few others are my favorite bands!!"

      __________________________

      Someone heard about them?

    • the_fangface
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2003
        Hi Tange, Volcano are an awesome power/thrash metal band, I only know
        their release called "Violent", but it's one of the best stuff I've
        heard coming from Japan.
        It's like a more "modern" and melodic version of Annihilator meets
        Metal Church, with great guitar work and weird vocals, killer!

        Cheers

        Flo

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2003
          Thanks Flo!..I knew the guy wasn't a "real blond". I'm making a search on Internet on all the bands that have been influenced by Anvil. I have a lot now, but because the technology went so fast many interviews of some very known bands have been removed. The website was too loaded or they completely changed it.

          Annihilator (Jeff Waters) said in 2 interviews that ANVIL was an important influence for the band and that LIPS is an influence for him, as a guitarist. It's not a coincidence that Volcano sounds a bit like Annihilator. It's interesting but it's hard with Google and I use Copernic instead. I will set that on my fan site when it will be finished.
          Al Hodge (TUNGSTEN) is a funny one...They were practicing in a shed some Anvil songs and the way he describes the music is just too funny. Another guy Robb Urbinati (SACRIFICE) says that when he met LIPS in Toronto it was like "Jeff met God". It's interesting to read.

          Thanks again!

          the_fangface <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Hi Tange, Volcano are an awesome power/thrash metal band, I only know
          their release called "Violent", but it's one of the best stuff I've
          heard coming from Japan.
          It's like a more "modern" and melodic version of Annihilator meets
          Metal Church, with great guitar work and weird vocals, killer!

          Cheers

          Flo

        • Jerry Fielden
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2003
            Hi Tange,

            Jeff told me that very same thing in an email once and asked me to say hello to LIPS when I told him I was on a Anvil group.

            Jerry
            Annihilator (Jeff Waters) said in 2 interviews that ANVIL was an important influence for the band and that LIPS is an influence for him, as a guitarist. It's not a coincidence that

          • wipy1999
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
              Any one remember Vulcano from Brazil?????--- In
              academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "@ T @" <tangelaine2000@y...> wrote:

              > I don't know who is "Volcano", I found that on the web. He looks
              japanese...

              > <http://www.intromental.com/webzine/interviews/volcano.html>
              >
              > It's an interview:
              >
              > The production is very heavy, and although the music is definitely
              very 80's, I think the sound of the album is much more modern.

              > "I tried to embody the sounds of current melodic death metal, but
              my personal roots originate from the 80's metal scene, so in a way, I
              feel like I have failed! But any ways, RIOT, ANVIL, THE RODS, METAL
              CHURCH and a few others are my favorite bands!!"

              > Someone heard about them?

              > tangelaine2000@y...

            • wipy1999
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 9, 2003