Re: [Academy of Anvil] Who is V

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2003
      Actually they call that "poor man's copyright". However it doesn't
      work. You could mail yourself a pile of unsealed envelopes right now.
      Then 10 years from now seal the lyrics to some hit song in one of the
      envelopes claiming you wrote in 10 years before.

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Fielden" <jerryfie@h...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Tange,
      >
      > It's a good way to protect them, but it's not an official copyright.
      As soon as you create a song, it is actually copyrighted to you, but
      you have to prove it if need be. The way you described is pretty
      common. In Canada, you can also go to the copyright office, but that
      costs money. And you should also register the title with SOCAN.

      > Talk soon, Jerry

      a copyrights on songs, you post to yourself an envelop (post
      registered) with all the music and the words in it. What is the
      process for copyrights?

    • Jerry Fielden
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 22, 2003
        You know Tony, you're absolutely right... now why didn't I think of that? I seem to remember that's why I stopped doing that 20 years ago... And I used to send myself cassettes, pretty expensive! :)

        Jerry