Re: [Academy of Anvil] Who is V

  • Heavymetalhead.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2003
      > I found that and I've never heard about them...And Catdeli?
      > How's that they have a song called "Urinal cake"!!!

      Hmmmm. Not sure who V is and not sure who has the song "Urinal cake" :-/ but if memory serves me correctly the Dayglo Abortions have a song called "Urinal Mint Sandwich". My, that was some useless information we all needed to know now wasn't it.

      ICQ/UIN: 131855064 ~~ AIM/MSN/Yahoo! Mssngr: heavymetalhead73
      http://profiles.yahoo.com/heavymetalhead_com/
      http://members.msn.com/heavymetalhead73@...

      http://www.intoeternity.com/ ~~ WATCH FOR 'BURIED IN OBLIVION' IN 2004!
      MY HOMEPAGE: ~~~~ opening soon!!! ~~~~ http://www.heavymetalhead.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2003
        You see why I don't like Yahoo, once it's posted.....too late! I wrote V cos the name of the band was on my notepad: Vindycator? Can it be? I wonder if it's not them that have always album's covers like Manowar's one (Me Tarzan, you Jane). You know what a urinal cake is heavym....head? Catdeli plays in a band, and one of their best (my fave) songs is "Urinal Cake". It makes me ****. Whoops, the Addicts forum followed me until here!

        I don't know if Slugguit knows about it. Is it true that to obtain a copyrights on songs, you post to yourself an envelop (post registered) with all the music and the words in it. What is the process for copyrights?

        I heard that Dan has posted a very good review on the Raven's board about their show and it reminded me about Captain2man. For those who were there in the first year (2000), do you remember that he posted that the best band to play with Anvil during a show was Raven? He was always asking Lips to go in NYC to play with Raven, that it would be the greatest show of all? I'll find the message in the archives when I'll have the time. I'll be honnest, I don't know Raven (I heard about, but never listen to them) but it made me curious about them. I will try to find some stuff.

        Tee :)

        "Heavymetalhead.com" <heavymetalhead@...> wrote:
        > I found that and I've never heard about them...And Catdeli?
        > How's that they have a song called "Urinal cake"!!!

        Hmmmm. Not sure who V is and not sure who has the song "Urinal cake" :-/ but if memory serves me correctly the Dayglo Abortions have a song called "Urinal Mint Sandwich". My, that was some useless information we all needed to know now wasn't it.

        ICQ/UIN: 131855064 ~~ AIM/MSN/Yahoo! Mssngr: heavymetalhead73
        http://profiles.yahoo.com/heavymetalhead_com/
        http://members.msn.com/heavymetalhead73@...

      • Jerry Fielden
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2003
          Hi Tange,

          It's a good way to protect them, but it's not an official copyright. As soon as you create a song, it is actually copyrighted to you, but you have to prove it if need be. The way you described is pretty common. In Canada, you can also go to the copyright office, but that costs money. And you should also register the title with SOCAN.

          Talk soon, Jerry

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2003
            Actually they call that "poor man's copyright". However it doesn't
            work. You could mail yourself a pile of unsealed envelopes right now.
            Then 10 years from now seal the lyrics to some hit song in one of the
            envelopes claiming you wrote in 10 years before.

            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Fielden" <jerryfie@h...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2003
              You know Tony, you're absolutely right... now why didn't I think of that? I seem to remember that's why I stopped doing that 20 years ago... And I used to send myself cassettes, pretty expensive! :)

              Jerry