[Academy of Anvil] Re: Best guitarist?

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Fielden"
      <jerryfie@h...> wrote:
      > How true Tony!
      >
      > I was looking for players like Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci,
      Alex Lifeson, Robin Trower, Frank Marino, Adrian Smith, Mick Taylor,
      Rick Derringer, Joe Satriani, Steve Morse, Jeff Healey; Jazz guys
      like Al DiMeola and Django Reinhardt; Blues players like Mayall,
      Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker, and even classical guitarists like
      Segovia, Julian Bream, etc.? Couldn't find them and most of the above
      blow away 3/4 of those on the list.

      > Jerry

      You're right...How's that? Robin Trower, Joe Satriani and Frank
      Marino are not even mentioned. I understand what LIPS wrote. We can't
      rank "self-expression", it can be only done by personal preferences
      and it shouldn't have been taken in a serious way. I can't compare
      or pretend that Salvatore Dali was a better painter than Delacroix or
      Da Vinci better than Jackson Pollock. They were completely different
      from each other, but they have been all recognized for their special
      works.

      I didn't take it in a serious way...hmmm. But! They want my
      comments:"YOU'RE GREATEST GUITARIST: Don't agree with our list? Vote
      for your favorite at www.rollingstone.com/greatest guitarist."

      I knew it was a big marketing stuff. Who am I to decide who is the
      best guitarist?
      Tange @-@