Best guitarist?

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 6:22 PM
      The concept is stupid to begin with, how do you measure this, and
      who's measuring? It's art and it's totally subjective, one mans
      treasure is another mans garbage. Each guitarist no matter what
      anyone might think, is playing to his full potential, and each are
      quite incapable of copying each other, they are all one of a kind and
      you can go even further than this and say anyone playing an
      instrument will eventually sound only like themselves in time.
      Playing a musical instrument is in a lot of ways like hand writing,
      some we can read and some we can't.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2 7:20 PM
        Well put.
        Those "best" lists are based more on popularity than talent anyhow.

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > The concept is stupid to begin with, how do you measure this, and
        > who's measuring? It's art and it's totally subjective, one mans
        > treasure is another mans garbage.
      • wipy1999
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5 10:34 PM
          Wipy back from Brazil a few weeks ago now in Lima Peru of course.Lot
          Of Anvil fans in Brazil..HMMM Best Guitarists::: Ritchie
          Blackmore,Rory Gallager,Lips??? HMM Who Knows???--- In