Re: 100 BEST guitarists ???

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      What a shame!

      By a curious coincidence, I stole a copy too!! How a magazine that is
      supposed to represent music can be so irrealist, giving a rank to
      guitarists this way? I mean, they even don't define the criteria that
      will justify such a choice. It seems, when we look at the "Top
      guitarist", that more they had a short life...more they were good!
      Number 2: Duane Allman, playing blues slide guitar and number 1: Jimi
      Hendrix (I know Hendrix was great!). The fact is that they died so
      young, after few years playing guitar and recording, that we don't
      even know how they would have played TODAY!! Blackmore, Iommi, Page,
      Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen survived all kind of excess and they are
      still holding a guitar and PLAYING! On "12": Kurt Cobain...what the
      heck ? Jimmy Page in on "9", jeez! What is that monkey on
      number "11"? Kirk Hammett...Come on! Hammett's talent is near
      Page's ???

      Look at that:

      "87": Joan Jett.
      "86": TONY IOMMI
      "85": RANDY RHOADS.

      I think it's a big marketing plan, cos they knew that people that
      have got a minimum of knowledge in music would react to this and buy
      the magazine just to check the Top HUNDRED. It's a whole joke! To
      make a serious and honest top hundred, they had to define what they
      based their choices on or to let the people vote. For me, this
      magazine is better at presenting ads of all kind than writing some
      serious stuff.

      I plan to learn guitar, cos I want to be in the top hundred in 2
      years! Tell me I'm too old, cos for them: closer I am to death,
      better I am!!!

      Tange :0))