Tony has PLENTY OF POWER !!!

  • Jimmy Crackcorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2003
      Well, last night we were all eating dinner by candlelight during the
      big blackout. When the lights all went out, I was at work and we all
      jumped for joy! They let us go home early and I took a few beers to
      celebrate before they got too warm. Now today I read in the news that
      there was electricity in Thunder Bay! They had Plenty Of Power up
      there, it said. I knew it! I hope AnViL was not in the middle of
      recording some new songs when the lights went out! Oh no, this will
      set the CD release back a few weeks, maybe? The Americans are now
      blaming the blackout on a Robb Reiner drum solo. The Canadians are
      blaming it on Mothra! This is getting stranger by the hour.
      Meanwhile, Tony is up in Thunder Bay, laughing at the whole thing.

      catdeli
    • Elaine
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2003
        It would be fun if all Americans would see the things as you do CAT.
        I've read the news this morning and USA, Canada are blaming each
        other. Blaming for what exactly? Someone died in that black out? It
        happened maybe 3 times (that I remember) a "big black out" like that.
        In Bosnia, during the war...they spent a YEAR without electricity and
        WATER!!

        How spoiled we are! We just have to put our asses in a cold bath with
        some soda or eating ice cream to wait that it comes back (if it's too
        hot). I was outside when the sun beat down, it became cooler and I
        lit a candle to take away the mosquitos. I had air, a glass of water,
        fire and a light wind on me to make me feel better. Air, water, fire
        and wind. We have the tendencies to forget that the only things we
        need to live are those 4 elements. I didn't have any weed but..."we
        can always get what we want!".

        Life could be so simple. But no! We want our air conditioners!! We
        don't want to loose the ice cream and the roast beef. It's maybe not
        USA or Canada that are to blame, but our own attitude...Spoiled.

        The first thing that we heard from the White House about this black
        out was "THIS IS NOT A TERRORIST ATTACK". From now, when the
        President Bush will fart, we'll hear from the medias "THIS IS NOT A
        TERRORIST ATTACK".

        Tange