My short review of the Maiden/Dio/Motorhead show in Quebec City

  • glabrek
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      This was an excellent show. It was so hot in the sold-out (10500
      people) old Colisee without air-conditioning...

      Motorhead was OK, but I'm no big fan and the sound wasn't
      too 'clear', it was hard to hear the guitar solos.

      Dio were great and my fave band of the night (as expected). Ronnie
      was in top shape and had the crowd in the palm of his hand all show
      long. It was great to hear Stargazer. Craig Goldy didn't move a lot
      on the stage, but played very well while Jimmy Bain and Simon Wright
      were the solid rhythm section, as always. The bummer is that even if
      the crowd was really pumped up after Dio's show, they opened the
      lights of the arena so quickly that he didn't even have the chance to
      do an encore. This is the 1st time I see Dio that I don't hear Long
      Live Rock'n'Roll / Man On The Silver Mountain...

      Maiden were excellent too. Dickinson was very powerful, Gers did his
      usual weird stage theatrics and all. Quite a fine visual show too.
      Nice lights and effects. Maiden delivered, as usual.

      Setlists:

      Motorhead:
      Well, lots of older songs I don't know a lot. They played among
      others: We Are Motorhead, Sacrifice (with a fine drum solo by Mikkey
      Dee), Ramones, Ace Of Spades, No Class and Killed By Death (my fave
      of the show)

      Dio:
      1)Killing the dragon
      2)The last in line