Re: [Academy of Anvil] "We are Motorheard, and we're here to kick your ass!"

  • Jerry Fielden
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      It was a great show in Montreal too - Motorhead was a
      bit too loud, but Dio was great and Maiden fabulous as
      well. And Bruce won over the crowd by talking in
      French as well, he got a 4-minute standing ovation, he
      couldn't speak and the band couldn't play the crowd
      was so loud :) They played mostly old hits and a
      couple of new ones.

      Jerry

      --- "Elaine R." <feedback2003@...> wrote:

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • glabrek
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        This was an excellent show. It was so hot in the sold-out (10500
        people) old Colisee without air-conditioning...

        Motorhead was OK, but I'm no big fan and the sound wasn't
        too 'clear', it was hard to hear the guitar solos.

        Dio were great and my fave band of the night (as expected). Ronnie
        was in top shape and had the crowd in the palm of his hand all show
        long. It was great to hear Stargazer. Craig Goldy didn't move a lot
        on the stage, but played very well while Jimmy Bain and Simon Wright
        were the solid rhythm section, as always. The bummer is that even if
        the crowd was really pumped up after Dio's show, they opened the
        lights of the arena so quickly that he didn't even have the chance to
        do an encore. This is the 1st time I see Dio that I don't hear Long
        Live Rock'n'Roll / Man On The Silver Mountain...

        Maiden were excellent too. Dickinson was very powerful, Gers did his
        usual weird stage theatrics and all. Quite a fine visual show too.
        Nice lights and effects. Maiden delivered, as usual.

        Setlists:

        Motorhead:
        Well, lots of older songs I don't know a lot. They played among
        others: We Are Motorhead, Sacrifice (with a fine drum solo by Mikkey
        Dee), Ramones, Ace Of Spades, No Class and Killed By Death (my fave
        of the show)

        Dio:
        1)Killing the dragon
        2)The last in line