"We are Motorheard, and we're here to kick your ass!"

  • Elaine R.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      Motorhead, Dio and Iron Maiden were in Quebec City last Friday night. Actually, I'm not in the Quebec's area but I heard of this show. It was the first time that Motorhead was making a show in Quebec City. They never came in the 80's. They have been the first to play at 7:30 pm, and Quebec's metalhead were waiting for them for so long. Everybody stayed surprised of their "power" on stage and they had a standing ovation. I guess it's not the last time that we will see them in the old Capital.

      Dio made an excellent show too. He had with him most of the best musicians and he's in shape for a guy who's about 60 years old. His voice is integral and melodic as usual. He cranked the crownd with some heavy metal tunes of his own.

      The critics, the newspaper's articles wrote two lines about Motorhead and Dio : two pages on Iron Maiden that gave a really great show. Bruce Dickinson spoke in French, and if a band or an artist wants to win Quebec City's heart, he just have to say few words in French...Not political, but just a matter that it moves us to understand the ones who sings your fave songs speaking French. They wrote in the papers that Iron Maiden is going to get retired after this tour (again...). At the end of the show, they announced their next CD and Dickinson said to the crowd:"If you want to download it, it's already on the web!!".

      I hope the promotors will "light up" and understand that's the kind of music we like. The Colisée was completely full: 10,050 persons!

    • Jerry Fielden
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        It was a great show in Montreal too - Motorhead was a
        bit too loud, but Dio was great and Maiden fabulous as
        well. And Bruce won over the crowd by talking in
        French as well, he got a 4-minute standing ovation, he
        couldn't speak and the band couldn't play the crowd
        was so loud :) They played mostly old hits and a
        couple of new ones.

        Jerry

        --- "Elaine R." <feedback2003@...> wrote:

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • glabrek
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
          This was an excellent show. It was so hot in the sold-out (10500
          people) old Colisee without air-conditioning...

          Motorhead was OK, but I'm no big fan and the sound wasn't
          too 'clear', it was hard to hear the guitar solos.

          Dio were great and my fave band of the night (as expected). Ronnie
          was in top shape and had the crowd in the palm of his hand all show
          long. It was great to hear Stargazer. Craig Goldy didn't move a lot
          on the stage, but played very well while Jimmy Bain and Simon Wright
          were the solid rhythm section, as always. The bummer is that even if
          the crowd was really pumped up after Dio's show, they opened the
          lights of the arena so quickly that he didn't even have the chance to
          do an encore. This is the 1st time I see Dio that I don't hear Long
          Live Rock'n'Roll / Man On The Silver Mountain...

          Maiden were excellent too. Dickinson was very powerful, Gers did his
          usual weird stage theatrics and all. Quite a fine visual show too.
          Nice lights and effects. Maiden delivered, as usual.

          Setlists:

          Motorhead:
          Well, lots of older songs I don't know a lot. They played among
          others: We Are Motorhead, Sacrifice (with a fine drum solo by Mikkey
          Dee), Ramones, Ace Of Spades, No Class and Killed By Death (my fave
          of the show)

          Dio:
          1)Killing the dragon
          2)The last in line