Re: Anvil from Texas

  • slugguit
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hi Lips, Elaine, Tony and all the rest of the group

      Long time no speak :)

      I've got to interject here and state that those guys are totally nuts
      if they think they can keep the name Anvil. You guys are part of rock
      history. It's like if they had decided to call themselves AC/DC or
      Iron Maiden or something and then argued with the original band that
      they had more of a right to their name than that historical band. Not
      only is that probably illegal, it is definitely unethical. Wait until
      all the Anvil fans around the world hear about this. That band from
      Texas is going to need an Anvil case to protect themselves :) I think
      they better search around and look at how known and important you
      guys are in rock history before they bug you any further.

      Best, Jerry

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > These morons think that the real Anvil is not well enough known so
      > they took the liberty of steeling the name.
    • slugguit
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003