Anvil from Texass

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2003
      These morons think that the real Anvil is not well enough known so
      they took the liberty of steeling the name. If they ever release a cd
      they may only be able to use the name only in America. The name was
      registered in 1980 in Ontario Canada. I'm not sure if our registration
      here in Canada would be covered in the States, however because we have
      multipal releases under the name of Anvil and have done so for 25
      years the other band will find themselves shit outa luck if they try
      to take legal ownership of the name. If it ever goes to a judge the
      name will belong to the first band that has published or had releases
      under the name Anvil. The band illigally using the name may find
      themselves paying out a law suit for damages, in the way of
      misrepresentation or fraud. It seems totally rediculous that anyone
      would stoop so low, maybe I'll rename Anvil Judas Priest!!! I thought
      that this guy Toby was pretty stupid in his statements,about Tony
      running our website, what does that have to do with them steeling the
      name? It doesn't change the fact that we've been going for 25 years
      and have 12 albums out, he should ask himself why Tom Ariya, Phil
      Ansomo, James Hetfeild, Lars Urlick, Micky Dee, Lemmy Killminster,
      Steve Harris, Dave Mustaine, and an endless list of Anvil fans that
      own the original Anvil's cd's, never heard of the Anvil from Texass.
    • slugguit
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        Hi Lips, Elaine, Tony and all the rest of the group

        Long time no speak :)

        I've got to interject here and state that those guys are totally nuts
        if they think they can keep the name Anvil. You guys are part of rock
        history. It's like if they had decided to call themselves AC/DC or
        Iron Maiden or something and then argued with the original band that
        they had more of a right to their name than that historical band. Not
        only is that probably illegal, it is definitely unethical. Wait until
        all the Anvil fans around the world hear about this. That band from
        Texas is going to need an Anvil case to protect themselves :) I think
        they better search around and look at how known and important you
        guys are in rock history before they bug you any further.

        Best, Jerry

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003