Perth metal meltdown.

  • xcygnusxyyzx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2003
      Hey everyones,

      After and 8 hour drive and a 45 minute car search at the canada
      border I finally made it to PERTH ontario, arriving at the club I saw
      Glenn up on the ballcony(without his pony tail!!!) Everyone there was
      happy to see me. They were all taking bets that I wouldnt show up.
      Well glenn and robb informed Lips that I had showed up, well as I
      came out of the bathroom I made Eye contact with Lips on the other
      side of the room, He just had an enourmous grin on his face. We shook
      hands and talked.Hey I had a great time, I did an interview with lips
      And got it on audio tape. So im going to hopefully
      transfer it onto the computer and email it to Tony
      So he can put it on the site. They played an awsome set and I had a
      lot of fun. The new album KICKS ASS holy wood rules. hahaha. Race
      against time, white rhino. Hey i even hung out with Robbs son at the
      show. Nice dude looks exactly like Robb.
      The Show was awsome, I got every single ANVIl album I
      own autographed by lips and robb and the newer ones by Ivan and
      Glenn. thanks again guys.
      well after the show a girl invited me to sleep at her house
      so I did. What can I say perth was a great time.
      Now I prepar for Dio maiden and Motorhead.
      im taking a little vote here

      whos better

      Saxon or Manowar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2003
        ALL RIGHT DUDE!
        You scored! A great show and a great after party! An AnViL show is
        always like that except sometimes it might be a man that asks you to
        sleep over! IT'S A JOKE ! ! ! 8^D
        Motormount would be great to hear, yup! It was a good thing you made
        it over the border ok. I sometimes had a problem.
        You can hear the albums and they are great but to get the true
        AnViL experience you need to be RIGHT THERE IN FRONT going nuts! @_@
        Am I right??? So how much money did you win on those bets that said
        you would not make it. eh? Now have a banging good time at Maiden!
        Tell us about it after too, ok?
        I vote for SAXON because they were my favorites before MaNoWaR.

        Peace out,
        catdeli
      • Elaine
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2003
          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"
          <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
          > Hey everyones,
          >
          > After and 8 hour drive and a 45 minute car search at the canada
          > border I finally made it to PERTH ontario, arriving at the club I
          saw
          > Glenn up on the ballcony(without his pony tail!!!) Everyone there
          was
          > happy to see me. They were all taking bets that I wouldnt show up.
          > Well glenn and robb informed Lips that I had showed up, well as I
          > came out of the bathroom I made Eye contact with Lips on the other
          > side of the room, He just had an enourmous grin on his face. We
          shook
          > hands and talked.Hey I had a great time, I did an interview with
          lips
          > And got it on audio tape. So im going to hopefully
          > transfer it onto the computer and email it to Tony
          > So he can put it on the site. They played an awsome set and I had a
          > lot of fun. The new album KICKS ASS holy wood rules. hahaha. Race
          > against time, white rhino. Hey i even hung out with Robbs son at
          the
          > show. Nice dude looks exactly like Robb.
          > The Show was awsome, I got every single ANVIl album I
          > own autographed by lips and robb and the newer ones by Ivan and
          > Glenn. thanks again guys.
          > well after the show a girl invited me to sleep at her house
          > so I did. What can I say perth was a great time.
          > Now I prepar for Dio maiden and Motorhead.
          > im taking a little vote here
          >
          > whos better
          >
          > Saxon or Manowar

          Hey Dan!

          You did it, I'm so glad that you saw Anvil playing live! I wrote a
          bit here when I saw you were not sure to go...I was so anxious that
          you miss a show like that.

          Did you see "Mad Dog" to drink beer by his nose, cos I would like to
          see it to believe it! I told you that you didn't need friends or
          Academy's members to have fun...and a girl invited you to sleep; it
          finished like a real Anvil show, WoW! We're back in the 80's.

          Motormount is a special song, I think that was the first song with
          Shadow zone that made me believe that Anvil would make some "Speed
          Metal"... :)

          You're really a "Danvil": From the States to Perth to see Anvil! Yess!

          I doubt that Manowar's style will please you. Saxon has some class!
          Tell us news. Keep on rocking!

          Tange :0)
        • glabrek
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 20, 2003
            <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
            > Hey everyones,
            >
            > After and 8 hour drive and a 45 minute car search at the canada
            > border I finally made it to PERTH ontario, arriving at the club I
            saw
            > Glenn up on the ballcony(without his pony tail!!!) Everyone there
            was
            > happy to see me. They were all taking bets that I wouldnt show up.
            > Well glenn and robb informed Lips that I had showed up, well as I
            > came out of the bathroom I made Eye contact with Lips on the other
            > side of the room, He just had an enourmous grin on his face. We
            shook
            > hands and talked.Hey I had a great time, I did an interview with
            lips
            > And got it on audio tape. So im going to hopefully
            > transfer it onto the computer and email it to Tony
            > So he can put it on the site. They played an awsome set and I had a
            > lot of fun. The new album KICKS ASS holy wood rules. hahaha. Race
            > against time, white rhino. Hey i even hung out with Robbs son at
            the
            > show. Nice dude looks exactly like Robb.
            > The Show was awsome, I got every single ANVIl album I
            > own autographed by lips and robb and the newer ones by Ivan and
            > Glenn. thanks again guys.
            > well after the show a girl invited me to sleep at her house
            > so I did. What can I say perth was a great time.
            > Now I prepar for Dio maiden and Motorhead.
            > im taking a little vote here

            Looks like you had a great show. I'm also really looking forward to
            Maiden / Dio / Motorhead here on Aug. 1st (I guess I now have to
            mention Motorhead to please catdeli, hehehe :o)

            > whos better
            >
            > Saxon or Manowar

            SAXON by a mile!!! Saxon rules and have lots of killer albums,
            Unleash The Beast, Metalhead, Killing Ground and the early classics
            like Strong Arm Of The Law, Power & The Glory and Denim And Leather.
            In fact, my fave albums from them are the 3 or 4 latest ones.

            I never cared for Manowar...

            Guillaume