Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: CATDELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Elaine R.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2003
      >But I never had the chance to see Saxon live.

      Saxon came in 1985 or 86 at the Cabaret Saint-Charles on the 1rst avenue. I
      went and it was almost empty...not people enough! The show haven't been
      promoted (It's a tradition in Quebec area!!) but they were great. Real
      British style!!!

      tange :)

      http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/
    • glabrek
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2003
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine R."
        <feedback2003@h...> wrote:

        > >But I never had the chance to see Saxon live.
        >
        > Saxon came in 1985 or 86 at the Cabaret Saint-Charles on the 1rst
        avenue. I
        > went and it was almost empty...not people enough! The show haven't
        been
        > promoted (It's a tradition in Quebec area!!) but they were great.
        Real
        > British style!!!
        >
        > tange :)

        I'm aware that they came here around that time. But back then, I
        wasn't really into them, was more in my thrash period (Slayer,
        Destruction, Hallow's Eve...) so Saxon was bit "light" for my taste.
        I kind of really "discovered" Saxon in the beginning of the 90s.
        Also, it was during their worst era (between 1985 and 1989)...I still
        hope that Biff and co. will play Quebec City (or at least Montreal)
        some day.

        Guillaume